Disappointing Foods!

Do you ever have one of those let down moments. Like wanting an apple and when you bit into it, it’s warm.

Sour milk is always a bad one.

Got any favorite stories of disgust.

When I was a kid, we went to my granparents farm every Sunday for a afmily dinner.

They had a pear tree near the pasture, and we would pick pears and eat them right off of the tree, feed the horse, ponies, goats, etc.

I had a taste for one, so when we got there, I ran straight to the tree, picked a couple and fed a few to the animals. Then sat under the tree, to enjoy my pear. I bit into it, and tasted something weird and mushy and bitter. When I looked down I realized I bit into a bunch of worms that infested the pear. I almost threw up right there.

I have always cut my fruit before I ate it from then on.

[quote]Gerg wrote:
When I was a kid, we went to my granparents farm every Sunday for a afmily dinner.

They had a pear tree near the pasture, and we would pick pears and eat them right off of the tree, feed the horse, ponies, goats, etc.

I had a taste for one, so when we got there, I ran straight to the tree, picked a couple and fed a few to the animals. Then sat under the tree, to enjoy my pear. I bit into it, and tasted something weird and mushy and bitter. When I looked down I realized I bit into a bunch of worms that infested the pear. I almost threw up right there.

I have always cut my fruit before I ate it from then on.[/quote]

Ha! Almost the exact same thing happened to me, only with a neighbors apple tree. Likewise, my fruit is always split into two before consumption.

Went for my first cheat meal in 2 weeks to McDonalds and got 3 double cheeseburgers. Normally they are pretty good but these were extremely dry. I would have rather just ate a regular meal.

Anything from McDonalds is pretty disappointing.

Its drunk food when nothing else is close by, and nothing more.

Happened when I was a little kid, I saw my dad making some kind of noodle with yogurt and it tastes amazingly nice. I tried to to make my own the next day but I couldn’t find any yogurt, so I used milk instead…

Fresh peach, free stone, took a bite, and saw a worm on the pit. I too cut the fruit in half now!

My biggest disappointment like that occurred when I was 19. I’ve always eaten fresh apples and pears, sometimes up to 5 at a time. But one day I suddenly became allergic to them. TO this day I can’t eat either of them lest my throat closes up and I feel really dizzy and nauseous.

I used to eat broccoli from my parent’s garden until I realized I was eating some green worm-type things living under the buds. Even with what would seem to be a thorough rinse, I would still find them. Finally I just started buying all my produce from the grocery store.

Undercooked corn is always disappointing as well.

x4 on wormy fruit.

I don’t think I’ve ever gotten fast food that wasn’t a disappoint. It all looks so good in the pictures, but what they give you looks like a fat person sat on it for a while.

[quote]pushmepullme wrote:
Fresh peach, free stone, took a bite, and saw a worm on the pit. I too cut the fruit in half now![/quote]

even though i dont get fruit from the tree and instead from the store everytime i eat a fucking apple now im going to think about worms from all you guys with these worm stories. Thanks alot lol

over cooked steaks (5 mintues on the grill with low heat might do that) and at bbq when they under cook or over cook chicken

[quote]Uncle Gabby wrote:
I don’t think I’ve ever gotten fast food that wasn’t a disappoint. It all looks so good in the pictures, but what they give you looks like a fat person sat on it for a while.[/quote]

The only fast food place that never disappoints me is IHOP.

The “extreme grand slam” was a HUGE disappointment. My friends and I started laughing when it came to the table.

Steaks from places that aren’t known for cooking steaks are always disappointing as well.

The best KFC

Cant beat a zinger tower burger or 2

I have to second the McDonald’s food, the warm fruit, and wormy vegetables.

Last easter, when I was cutting, I decided to eat an easter (chocoalte) egg. I snapped off a piece…it was no where near as good as I expected it to be. It was fine, in the sense of the quality…i juz felt I ripped myself off! haha

i’ve never found any worms in my fruit. For me tho, the worst thing is taking a bite of, what appears to be, a delicious apple, only to find out it’s mushy & yucky inside!!! Blek! What were the cooks thinking? lol

I’m a big fan of the KFC zinger burger. We don’t have the ‘zinger tower burger’ here in Australia tho

[quote]TheOlympian wrote:
Last easter, when I was cutting, I decided to eat an easter (chocoalte) egg. I snapped off a piece…it was no where near as good as I expected it to be. It was fine, in the sense of the quality…i juz felt I ripped myself off! haha

i’ve never found any worms in my fruit. For me tho, the worst thing is taking a bite of, what appears to be, a delicious apple, only to find out it’s mushy & yucky inside!!! Blek! What were the cooks thinking? lol

I’m a big fan of the KFC zinger burger. We don’t have the ‘zinger tower burger’ here in Australia tho[/quote]

Yes, Easter chocolate is disapointing. I think it has a high wax content or something. Also, after you eat the solid ears you are left with the hollow body ((sigh))