disallowed deads

To clarify things a bit.I couldn’t agree more with y’all about the screaming.I myself don’t get that either.The reason I was given was that the noise from setting it down is what bothered someone.Now I don’t just let go and drop the weight, but I do set the weight down fast and it does bang a bit.There is a rubber pad on the floor and they are bumper plates, and that cuts the noise some,I just guess not enough.

60s for 6reps? That’s pretty burly for a bantamweight! Now really impress me… how many chinups? :slight_smile:

“Ripping off MBE and respecting Buff Chicks since 1980.”

Well, Ike, I’m a pretty burly gal…HA!

Actually, I'm kinda peaved at my Incline DB presses. I've been holding steady at the 60lb mark for sometime now, and am itchin' for the 65s'.

As for chins? Like, one arm chins? Wanna give those a go, soon! Regular, using just bodyweight - dude, I'm repping out for 3-sets. I'm considering adding some weight........

Every gym seems to be the domain of the manager. If the guy/woman doesn’t mind more hardcore stuff you can get away with actually doing something that might improve your physique. If they are more of the yuppie-gotta have a beemer-can’t actually sweat type you’re going to be screwed.

I work out at a 24 Hour Fitness and I’ve been doing deads in there for a couple of years. I’ve seen guys doing deads with bands, squats with bands, box squats, and even (gasp!) using chalk on the bars. I’ve seen two injuries, both were from plates dropping on feet. I guess the only way to be sure you won’t getscrewed is be upfront when the guy is trying to sell you the membership and ask specific questions and ask for something in writing so yo can get a refund if they decide to boot you anyway. I’d at least ask for the intial set up fee back.

That’s weak. I like hearing the sound of heavy weights in the gym. It gives me motivation.