Dirty Gerdy (Brandon Gerdes) 600x5 Deadlift

It’s been years since I’ve been on these forums. Anyways, recently pulled 705 and set the American Record for USPA in my weight class (242). Looking to pull mid 7’s come nationals end of june.

sweet

You made all those pulls look ridiculously easy.

That is some fine technique you have. Very nice, picture perfect.

I LOL’d @ the dude in the background “YEAH BUDDYYYYY!!!”

It’s Metroflex…the dude in the background was Ronnie. :wink: lol

Metroflex LBC…it’s a great gym.

Thanks everybody!

Nice work! That really looked easy for you.

[quote]Dirty Gerdy wrote:
It’s Metroflex…the dude in the background was Ronnie. :wink: lol
[/quote]
LOL nice. Explains why it sounds exactly like him.

Nice, following you on facebook anyway since your all famous and stuff now. Must be real awesome to train there. Also very cool to see a guy hitting both disciplines successfully.

that was an awesome video

awesome pulls man

Fuck this noise…bro you don’t even appear amped or focused IMHO…neverthelesss, that shit looked EASY…put yourself in another mental state prior to lifting and I bet bank you can pull your goal weight tomorrow. Don’t think about it, just beast that shit.

[quote]Nexxt84 wrote:
Fuck this noise…bro you don’t even appear amped or focused IMHO…neverthelesss, that shit looked EASY…put yourself in another mental state prior to lifting and I bet bank you can pull your goal weight tomorrow. Don’t think about it, just beast that shit. [/quote]

I get it; that’s hysterical

[quote]Nexxt84 wrote:
Fuck this noise…bro you don’t even appear amped or focused IMHO…neverthelesss, that shit looked EASY…put yourself in another mental state prior to lifting and I bet bank you can pull your goal weight tomorrow. Don’t think about it, just beast that shit. [/quote]
if a lean dude pulling 600x5 with perfect form isn’t awesome then I don’t know what is

Why was this bumped?

You guys must have misinterpreted my post. Yes it was certainly an impressive lift and was executed with excellent form…all I was tryng to say was that it appeared to be very easy for him. I imagine that he is capable of much more and I wanted to convey that point. Essentially, I just intended encouragement. This whole internet posting thing is becoming more and more clownish to me.

What I saw was a guy making 600x5 look like a walk in the park and figured that he could probably pull mid 7’s asap if he wanted to. In my experience, many barriers in lifting are purely mental. Since I didnt come in and feed him the “good job” “nice” “great” bullshit routine, I get misunderstood. If I saw him lifting next to me at the gym I would walk over and tell him the same thing. Obviously he knows what he’s doing and is strong but I figured he has all of the necessary prerequisites to do even better NOW.

In summary, my intention was to provide fuel to a talented & strong individual. The typical “encouragement” and “e-capoffs” that I see on here are useless. If I see someone doing a damn good job at something I tend to try to let them know that they can do even better. The name of the game, in my mind, is progress and rising to new hieghts/PR’s whatever, whereas the typical “nice job” can easily breed complacency.

[quote]Nexxt84 wrote:
You guys must have misinterpreted my post. Yes it was certainly an impressive lift and was executed with excellent form…all I was tryng to say was that it appeared to be very easy for him. I imagine that he is capable of much more and I wanted to convey that point. Essentially, I just intended encouragement. This whole internet posting thing is becoming more and more clownish to me.

What I saw was a guy making 600x5 look like a walk in the park and figured that he could probably pull mid 7’s asap if he wanted to. In my experience, many barriers in lifting are purely mental. Since I didnt come in and feed him the “good job” “nice” “great” bullshit routine, I get misunderstood. If I saw him lifting next to me at the gym I would walk over and tell him the same thing. Obviously he knows what he’s doing and is strong but I figured he has all of the necessary prerequisites to do even better NOW.

In summary, my intention was to provide fuel to a talented & strong individual. The typical “encouragement” and “e-capoffs” that I see on here are useless. If I see someone doing a damn good job at something I tend to try to let them know that they can do even better. The name of the game, in my mind, is progress and rising to new hieghts/PR’s whatever, whereas the typical “nice job” can easily breed complacency.[/quote]

When you start your post “Fuck this noise bro”, it sounds critical.
You see many people, call me old fashioned, take offense to having obscenities lobed anonymously at them regardless of intent.
Criticizing a record holders focus, when you yourself are not said record holder, should likely make one pause and think to ones’ self," perhaps my focus is an issue? or I would be the record holder because my focus is different than the record holder’s".

Not a critique, i personally don’t care who you curse at, just sharing my experience because watching that lift, I’m reminded of how Ed Coan seemed so calm, quiet and centered before lifts.
And me thinks there may be a clue in that for mere mortals such as myself.

Wait, did I hear Ronnie Coleman in the background?

Wait, did you read any of the posts in the thread?

[quote]anonymous_burn wrote:
Wait, did you read any of the posts in the thread?[/quote]

Emmm… I prefer not to answer that question.

“Light weight babaaaayyyyy!” always deserves a second mention, right?

Impressive lifts, by the way!