Directory of Women's Logs

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:
Active Women’s Logs In Other Forums
I’m sure this isn’t complete. Please feel free to make additions.

Over 35 Forum

Up
Treasure, Not Junk

Emphasis on both strength and physique.

KPSnap
Swim Your Own Race

Powerlifting Emphasis.

Figure Athlete Logs

Chelsey
Road to INBA Natural Universe 2013!
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_figure_log/road_to_inba_natural_universe_2013
Beginner doing a contest prep.

Circeilna
Modified V-Diet
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_figure_log/modified_vdiet_1
Weight loss and beginning weights.

Body Building Forum

Cat
Thunder Cat 2013 Contest Thread

Physique contest prep.

Indigo Logs

HawaiiTunya
HawaiiTunya - Indigo-3G Project Log
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/hawaiitunya_indigo_3g_project_log
Lifting and weight loss.

Catnip
Catnip’s Indigo-3G Log
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/catnips_indigo3g_log
Physique transformation. Comeback after pregnancy.
[/quote]

Tack this one the list if you please: First Post From an Old Member - Powerful Women - Forums - T Nation

It is my first post, but I think I will keep my log there as well. That way even if I have to cut and paste, it will keep me honest.

^ Welcome QueenBee!

Also, I found another women’s log.
Over 35 Forum
KBGal
Bitten By the Lifting Bug
Looks like conditioning with kettle bells, and power lifting with Coaching from Fischer.
http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_senior/bitten_by_the_lifting_bug?id=5053602&pageNo=0

I have a question for the group: How many of you go to a gym and how many of you have some sort of gym in the home? Question B is: IF you work out at home, do you think you limit yourself? (But my next question is since I work from home, if I joined a gym in town, would I use it?)

And Bee will be just fine, Queen is so formal don’t you think? :wink:

[quote]QueenBee wrote:
I have a question for the group: How many of you go to a gym and how many of you have some sort of gym in the home? Question B is: IF you work out at home, do you think you limit yourself? (But my next question is since I work from home, if I joined a gym in town, would I use it?)

And Bee will be just fine, Queen is so formal don’t you think? ;-)[/quote]

Hey Bee! To answer your question, I train at a gym. It’s really close to my house so I sometimes just walk, and we get a great deal on a membership because my husband works for the university here. It’s a beautiful facility.

When I started out, I trained at home or in a nearby park for the first six months. I started just using some DB’s, pushup and pullup variations, BW squats and lunges etc… until I started to feel like I needed to access heavier weights. At home I have a nice set of DB’s up to 15 lbs. and one adjustable set, so I sometimes do shoulders at home if I’m in a pinch.

Do you already have some equipment at home? Honestly, I think a lot of women can get in pretty good shape doing mostly BW exercises plus a few DBs. If you want to see an awesome home gym, go lurk Up’s log.

Powerpuff, I have a high end treadmill that has a extended stride area. I was using a “total gym” but found that did not allow for good core balance. At that time I moved the total gym downstairs and moved in a weight bench and 200lbs of free weights, one straight bar, one curl bar and 4 hand/short bars. A friend will be adding to the weight stack tomorrow so I expect that I will have close to 400 to 450lbs of plates to sort and stack how I need them.

I think I will probably join a gym when I get to the point I need “more” then what I can do at home, but it will be to only lift and not do the cardio there. Since I don’t live in a town that has a gym I have to go into the other town. Well that is bad enough, but then to get to a gym I can get into at any time, I have to drive across town. (I know, whine, whine.) So there is little, except for the controlled universal machine, that I can not do here.

Well, that and by next year, I will be unable to work from my home, so I will go to the gym before work at that time.

Hi Puff, stumbled upon this in the Beginners section, thought you might want to reach out:

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Hi Puff, stumbled upon this in the Beginners section, thought you might want to reach out:

Done! Thank you. Another petite 40-something woman. WHOOT!

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:

Done! Thank you. Another petite 40-something woman. WHOOT! [/quote]

Thank you for the ‘stumble’ EyeDentist; I got some great advice & welcome :slight_smile:

[quote]TinyTerrier wrote:

[quote]Powerpuff wrote:

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:

Done! Thank you. Another petite 40-something woman. WHOOT! [/quote]

Thank you for the ‘stumble’ EyeDentist; I got some great advice & welcome :-)[/quote]

My pleasure. Welcome to TN, and best of luck reaching your goals!

Hello,

My name is Rachel and I have been involved in weight training for about three years. However, becoming a stronger lifter and mastering powerlifting technique have been relatively newer goals. I have joined this forum as a means of meeting other lifters. I am huge advocate of positive social support and believe that it plays such an important role in achieving and maintaining fitness and wellness goals. I really like helpful critique and am eager to learn from others, especially female lifters. My significant other has been utilizing this resource (T-Nation) for several years and it seems like a great way to track progress, elicit support, engage with others, and become part of a community that respects hard work!

[quote]adg1 wrote:
I don’t have a log started yet, but plan to next week. I’ve been lurking for a couple months and love how supportive this community is. My husband is on this site and with his motivation I’m making the commitment to improve my health–which is mainly what I’m doing right now. My current goals are simply overall health, fitness, and weight loss. That and we have a 6 y/o girl, and I want to help her start early with a healthy lifestyle.

I am starting with 5-3-1 next week. It’s something I can do at home and is easy for me to know what to do since I’m a complete beginner to lifting. I won’t be throwing any major numbers around, but look to bettering myself every day.

I really enjoy reading everyone’s logs and look forward to the feedback I know I’ll get. Thanks for starting this post. I’ll link back once I get the log started. [/quote]

Yay for you! I just started on here too and like it already. Most lifters on here seem great - helpful and supportive.

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:
Hello,

My name is Rachel and I have been involved in weight training for about three years. However, becoming a stronger lifter and mastering powerlifting technique have been relatively newer goals. I have joined this forum as a means of meeting other lifters. I am huge advocate of positive social support and believe that it plays such an important role in achieving and maintaining fitness and wellness goals. I really like helpful critique and am eager to learn from others, especially female lifters. My significant other has been utilizing this resource (T-Nation) for several years and it seems like a great way to track progress, elicit support, engage with others, and become part of a community that respects hard work!

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/novice_in_process[/quote]

Welcome, Rachel!

Thanks for putting up a link to your log. Some very nice powerlifting going on in there, and it looks like you are having lots of fun with it. It’s nice of you to coach HeavyTriple, and give him a spot now and then. :wink: Excellent.

[quote]rfstef2 wrote:
Hello,

Welcome, Rachel!

Thanks for putting up a link to your log. Some very nice powerlifting going on in there, and it looks like you are having lots of fun with it. It’s nice of you to coach HeavyTriple, and give him a spot now and then. :wink: Excellent.

Puff, I’ve been stumbling again…

[quote]EyeDentist wrote:
Puff, I’ve been stumbling again…

Thank you for keeping an eye of for us.
That will be a fun thread for me to follow.

Liv is trying some carb cycling and talking nutrition over there if anyone is interested.

I hope everyone is having a great summer!

I apologize if I’ve missed anyone’s log. I know this thread needs updating again.

This is my FAVORITE time of the year, but it’s also a very busy time with my work schedule, kids around, and travel plans.

I may be slow to respond, and I don’t have much time to follow logs or talk lifting.

Please feel free to make additions, corrections and updates here.

Thank you!
Puff

Aloha Ladies.

I just finished competing in my first sanctioned Power Lifting meet. I competed on July 7th in the WABDL 9th Annual Meet on Oahu. My numbers are not huge but were enough to get me four state titles and a first place win in both Bench and Dead lifts. :slight_smile:

I know I haven’t posted much on here but life has been super busy. I have updated my Indigo Log if anyone cares to take a look. Now just go to the back page if you don’t want to spend hours reading. :slight_smile:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_indigo_2/hawaiitunya_indigo_3g_project_log?pageNo=109#bottom

I am now moving on to the WABDL World Competition which is being held in Reno, NV between November 5-10th. My age/weight division is scheduled to compete on the 8th. My numbers have been all raw but will be suiting up for the world competition. WABDL does not separate out the raw from suited so I might as well suit up. Moving that damn weight. :slight_smile:

Great to see all the new faces on here. I will have to take some time and go through this forum and catch up with all of you.

A hui ho.

Congratulations, Hawaii! That must have been really exciting.
Best of luck as you get ready for the big comp this fall.

Also, Spock has a new log!
Training Logs Section.
Good Morning, Dr. Silberman. How’s the Knee?

Power Lifting emphasis, with a great sense of humor. :slight_smile:

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/blog_sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_log/good_morning_dr_silberman_hows_the_knee?id=5691530

Oh wow, this is so awesome!!

I feel like I got inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame or something, LOL!

Thanks a bunch powerpuff :)!

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

I feel like I got inducted into the rock and roll hall of fame or something, LOL!

Thanks a bunch powerpuff :)![/quote]

Aloha Spock,

Spent some time going through your log yesterday…absolutely love your sense of humor and style of writing.

Keep kickin’ ass.

[quote]HawaiiTunya wrote:

[quote]Spock81 wrote:

Thanks a bunch powerpuff :)![/quote]

Aloha Spock,

Spent some time going through your log yesterday…absolutely love your sense of humor and style of writing.

Keep kickin’ ass.[/quote]

AHH <>

Yippie!! I have been creeping your log for a looooooongggggg, long time! This makes me super happy!

You keep kickin’ ass also!