Direct Bicep/ Tricep Excercises

I’m heading over to the Navy SEAL forum right now to ask if practicing push ups is a waste of time.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I’m heading over to the Navy SEAL forum right now to ask if practicing push ups is a waste of time.
[/quote]

lol be careful they might DQ you for depth if your bi’s get in the way

[quote]SSC wrote:

[quote]solidkhalid wrote:

[quote]Magnum300 wrote:
no im not a bodybuilder i actually got accepted to tryout for the navy SEALS [/quote]

Hope you fail, 'cuz you sound fucking retarded.

What are you doing here if your not bodybuilding? Join the SEALS forum smartass.[/quote]

Lol @ irony.[/quote]

Tell me about it! This is akin to going on the xbox forums and asking whether or not its worth it to get a ps3-exclusive game. WTF was he thinking?

[quote]its_just_me wrote:
They’re not being dicks, it’s just a subject that comes up too often to take it seriously anymore.

If your biceps fail first during a back exercise, you need to fix it (otherwise sub-par back growth). If your triceps fail first during presses, you need to fix it (otherwise sub-par delt/chest growth).

I’ll quote PX here and say “a back exercise is supposed to fatigue…wait for it, the BACK!”, not the biceps.

If the biceps/triceps didn’t fail, or reach near it…did they get enough stimulation for growth? Why would you train other muscle groups with 100% effort, but not the biceps/triceps?

If the logic of those “don’t train arms” people were true, why do intermediate bodybuilders often need to bring up their lagging upper chest (since flat benching hits it too, right?)? Or any other bodypart for that matter? Because tension on that muscle wasn’t great enough…

By all means, if you don’t want to look like a bodybuilder (with their “cartoon” bodyparts and all lol), don’t train them directly. Or if you have the rare genetics to grow evenly with just a handful of lifts, carry on.[/quote]

thanks for the advice and useful info, an its just after a back routine not so much chest,
my biceps are fried.
I cant lift what I normally lift, i was doing chest and biceps monday
then back and triceps wednesday
I was able to hit my muscles at 100%
however doing back with biceps i cant even lift half of what i normally would lift when I get to biceps so my thought was whats the point im not hitting it at 100%
so thats my problem but again thanks for the advice appreciate it

an by the way to the people looking on this thread i just go on this bodybuilding forum cause im assuming you all know more about the muscles an how they work, navy seals swim, run, lift an disregard what they’re body says they do excessive training not this one hour or even 2 hours so thats my reason for coming here, thought you would know more

I’m not able to use the same weights when hitting bi’s after back as I would if training biceps when fresh, but my curling strength is certainly not only 50% of normal. Sounds to me like you need to examine how you perform your back exercises. There are several threads on the subject of back training here, just do a search.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I’m not able to use the same weights when hitting bi’s after back as I would if training biceps when fresh, but my curling strength is certainly not only 50% of normal. Sounds to me like you need to examine how you perform your back exercises. There are several threads on the subject of back training here, just do a search.[/quote]

That ^

Kind of what I was hinting at in first post (your arms may be taking over quite a bit which needs fixing…many methods). Sometimes it just comes with experience (mind muscle connection), but some really struggle and it takes other methods.

Other than that, it’s just your bi’s getting pre-fatigued which is normal and doesn’t interfere with growth. If you do a lot of pulling, you may not need as much volume for biceps, although in my experience, biceps CAN take quite a bit of volume and recovers pretty quickly. This is the reason why some do what you did (bi’s with chest/tri’s with back) because they get more “hits” for arms (directly when fresh and indirectly via compounds), whereas for others, this could be too much.

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:
I’m not able to use the same weights when hitting bi’s after back as I would if training biceps when fresh, but my curling strength is certainly not only 50% of normal. Sounds to me like you need to examine how you perform your back exercises. There are several threads on the subject of back training here, just do a search.[/quote]

That ^

Kind of what I was hinting at in first post (your arms may be taking over quite a bit which needs fixing…many methods). Sometimes it just comes with experience (mind muscle connection), but some really struggle and it takes other methods.

Other than that, it’s just your bi’s getting pre-fatigued which is normal and doesn’t interfere with growth. If you do a lot of pulling, you may not need as much volume for biceps, although in my experience, biceps CAN take quite a bit of volume and recovers pretty quickly. This is the reason why some do what you did (bi’s with chest/tri’s with back) because they get more “hits” for arms (directly when fresh and indirectly via compounds), whereas for others, this could be too much.[/quote]

so do you think
mon- chest with biceps
wednesday back with triceps is fine?
that is matter of fact what im currently doing

was thinking of going back to chest with tris
an back with bis but i dont know if i should

i didnt know phil heath posted posted on T-Nation…

[quote]phishfood1128 wrote:
[/quote]

Phish Food is fucking delicious ice cream. GOD I wish I wasn’t dieting right now.

[quote]Magnum300 wrote:

[quote]Quick Ben wrote:

That ^

Other than that, it’s just your bi’s getting pre-fatigued which is normal and doesn’t interfere with growth. If you do a lot of pulling, you may not need as much volume for biceps, although in my experience, biceps CAN take quite a bit of volume and recovers pretty quickly. This is the reason why some do what you did (bi’s with chest/tri’s with back) because they get more “hits” for arms (directly when fresh and indirectly via compounds), whereas for others, this could be too much.[/quote]

so do you think
mon- chest with biceps

[/quote]

Totally up to you. It’s a personal preference thing - bottom line, progression (getting really strong with reasonable form) is what matters.

If it allows you to continuously add weight without tendon/joint grief, do it. Some people don’t like pairing bi’s with chest and tri’s with back, others don’t have a problem with it.

[quote]SSC wrote:
Phish Food is fucking delicious ice cream. GOD I wish I wasn’t dieting right now.[/quote]

Chocolate fudge brownie’s way better!

so do you think
mon- chest with biceps

[/quote]

I think you should go back to:chest with tris
and back with bis. It’s fine and good when your bi’s for example are already dead when you hit them. With two days between these workouts if you did chest and bis and then already hit back and tris then your bis may not be recovered to do back. Your bis would limit your back work. If I did that my elbows would be hurting too…

[quote]SSC wrote:
Phish Food is fucking delicious ice cream. GOD I wish I wasn’t dieting right now.[/quote]

Chocolate fudge brownie’s way better!
[/quote]

Lol, man I would take either one at this point!

Never, ever overlook the power of Moose Tracks either. :wink: