Direct Arm Work

Okay, now I know this topic has been discussed over and over again…but I have a question to add on to this. How much arm work do you incorporate into your routine? I am currently doing 3 sets for bi’s and tri’s 3x a week. Is that okay to be doing?

Why should arm work be any different than any other bodypart? You try to give equal attention to all significant areas. Unless you think arms aren’t significant.

Anyway, 9 sets per week is fine.

It sounds like what you’re doing is fine. If you’re seeing and feeling results, keep at it…If you don’t, change it.

there is no magic number for how much volume you can absorb with direct arm work.

you need to go through trial and error to see what’s ideal, and this will change over time as your routines evolve and conditioning improves.

if you’re getting stronger in your lifts over time you’ve got nothing to worry about. but if you’re curling the same weight for a long period of time, you need to analyze your program and see where you’re fucking up.

I just do 1 dropset at the end of my workout. Tricep extentionson chest day, bicep curls on back day.

I played with an entire ‘arm and calf’ day but gave it the hoy as it just felt like I was wasting my time when I could’ve been squatting/deadlifting etc.