T Nation

DIPS

I train at home and don’t have a dipping station, can I use another exercise instead?

I’m doing the ABBH program at the moment.

cheers.

I used to do dips between the washer and drier.

skull crushers usually leave me feeling it the next day.

http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/./1/.1123209928717.chair_dips.JPG

You could do weighted chair dips to hit the same muscles as a regular dip. They are a lot easier than dips, so you would need to put a few plates on your thighs to increase the resistance.

[quote]MrBigorexia wrote:
I train at home and don’t have a dipping station, can I use another exercise instead?

I’m doing the ABBH program at the moment.

cheers.[/quote]

Yes, Chad Waterbury himself has stated that semi-supinated decline dumbbell presses are an acceptable alternative.

I used two kitchen chairs, the ones with a handle area in the middle work great.

i dunno bro there’s really no replacement for dips.

maybe pushups into wallwalk pushups into raised handstand pushups. not exactly the same for the pecs but still some pretty good work.

I got this dip/chinup station at this exercise equipment store for only like $70-80. I think I seen a quality one at Dick’s for maybe $100 or so. If you got the spare cash anyway, I know I don’t anymore.

Use two benches-Feet on one in front of you, palms on one behind you, butt just off the one behind you. Now, since this is far to easy without weight (for most), place one or two 45lb. plates on your lap and start doing the “Tricep Dip.”

Do three sets of 8 to 10 reps and hate me in the morning :slight_smile:

Forgive me I did not see kamrad_soviets post…oops!

The dips in ABBH are presented as an upper body vertical pushing exercise. For that reason, I wouldn’t recommend the bench dips, since they target mostly the triceps. Am I wrong on this?

I also recall military presses / push presses prescribed for those who wish to add a little direct shoulder work to ABBH (at the expense of some chest work).