Dips = Slight Delt Pain

So I did the dips/chin 200 rep challenge. Worked out well.

Anyway this morning I felt the “proper” soreness in my lats, biceps, triceps, but not really the chest area.

Instead I felt some soreness in my delt/shoulder area. It feels strange.

Here is a picture of the exact location of the pain. The pain isnt to bad and most of the time I dont feel it unless my arms are out of I’m in a certain position, etc. I was wondering what was wrong.

Did I do the dips incorrectly? Is this normal because I have only been training roughly 2 years and my tris or delts just arent fully developed? Do I just have weak girly man shoulders?

Thanks for the help.

By the way…here is the dip machine I used. I dont know if it makes a difference but here it is anyway.

how is your posture (as far as your arms go). do your palms face inward when at your side or more backwards?

also, when doing dips, try not to go so low that your elbow goes past the shoulder, this can place more stress on the shoulder joint.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
how is your posture (as far as your arms go). do your palms face inward when at your side or more backwards?

also, when doing dips, try not to go so low that your elbow goes past the shoulder, this can place more stress on the shoulder joint.[/quote]

1. Posture is a little off. Palms face backwards just slightly but much better than 2 years ago.

2. Ahhh…i think i went too low then. After using the search I think i also made the mistake of shrugging my shoulders a couple times too.

Thanks for the reply.

That pain can be in the superficial anterior deltoid or deep in the biceps tendons. If you have improper form or posture it can cause the biceps tendons to rub on the cartilage pad in your shoulder causing inflammation and pain. This happened to me during baseball. First Tendonitis occured from overuse and then it was rubbing on the cartilage pad. Ice and rest helps and correct the posture if you think it may be that.

Gerdy

I get a pain too, except it’s in my collarbones when I’m actually doing the lift. Anybody know what’s up with that?
My only guess is that I might be leaning too far forward.

im quite possibly, completely off but your rotator cuff might be the problem. put your arm behind your back and pull your elbow forward with your other hand. if the pain worsens you probably agitated your supraspinatous.
nothing to worry about.