Dips and Chin-Up PB (Videos)

[quote]B Jav wrote:
That is awesome. My mom is a practicing raw food vegan and is moving toward fruitarianism. I was a raw foodist for about four months 5+ years ago. I was young and foolish so my experience was not a positive one. I felt really great at first and my physique was as lean and muscular as it had ever been for the first month and a half. However, I ended up taking in way too much protein in the form of nuts and too much dried fruit. This ironically resulted in the loss of the muscle mass I worked very hard to build. I now realize that my body could not handle the digestion. If you would care to elaborate more on your diet and experience I would really appreciate it. Last summer I read a book called “Raw Food Propaganda” (written by Joe Alexander) and it re-sparked my interest in such a lifestyle. Currently I am a lacto-ovo with a diet consisteing mainly of eggs, salad, fruit and whey shakes. [/quote]

Please allow me to share with you my personal story of my early experience with Fruitarianism. I can only share with you my experiance and hope that you can relate or prepare yourself accordingly. As far back as I can remember I was always eating, I came from a poor family so cheap junk food and cheap meat was a way of life, I was brought up a meat/junk food eater up until my mid twenties, up until then I had lived to eat, infact food was a great comfort to me! I ate anything and everything I could, no matter what the ingredients, the only thing I didn’t like was seafood! Absolutely no thought what so ever of health or nutrition went into my eating habits, it simply felt so good to eat cooked food that I just assumed that if it wasn’t safe It wouldn’t be sold in the stores, as the years went by I got the regular colds and flu’s that everyone else was getting but one day for some reason none of it was making sense anymore, I also started to get more sensitive I felt bloated, blocked up, full of mucus and constipated! then I realised I’d always felt like this but for some reason I was only just starting to notice it, eventually it reached the point where I wouldn’t eat anymore cooked food, the more I ate the more bloated I felt and I could hardly breath because of the mucus build up, so that summer I stopped eating altogether and for some reason I started eating fruit, I started with mangos, melons and grapes, I was in HEAVEN! it felt so good that I wished I could eat 100% fruits all the time, I did some research and found out about the Fruitarian Lifestyle and the rest is history. I would say that the hardest and most unpleasent part about being a Fruitarian is the begining where the mental detox is almost unbearable! so it’s really important that plenty of research/preparation is done before hand.

[quote]B Jav wrote:
That is awesome. My mom is a practicing raw food vegan and is moving toward fruitarianism. I was a raw foodist for about four months 5+ years ago. I was young and foolish so my experience was not a positive one. I felt really great at first and my physique was as lean and muscular as it had ever been for the first month and a half. However, I ended up taking in way too much protein in the form of nuts and too much dried fruit. This ironically resulted in the loss of the muscle mass I worked very hard to build. I now realize that my body could not handle the digestion. If you would care to elaborate more on your diet and experience I would really appreciate it. Last summer I read a book called “Raw Food Propaganda” (written by Joe Alexander) and it re-sparked my interest in such a lifestyle. Currently I am a lacto-ovo with a diet consisteing mainly of eggs, salad, fruit and whey shakes. [/quote]

Yeah I stay away from nuts, most of them are cooked! I just eat fruits! One of the most important lessons to learn about Fruitarianism is that Fruitarianism is simplicity itself but should only be attempted after several years of cleansing. Fruitarianism has nothing to do with ethics, the ethics bit is something people throw in for their own reasons! I like to explain Fruitarianism like this!..Imagine you were stuck on a tropical island what would you eat? bare in mind you have no condiments and no cutlery! Fruitarianism is really about getting back to nature but instead of killing animals for food we kill fruits! The problem with raw veganism is that people tend to stretch the definitions of it to suit their own needs or addictions, which just ends up spreading more confusion as to what a Fruitarian lifestyle really is, I personaly believe that once the body cleanses totally there’s only one way it wants to go and that’s the true fruitarian way of just fruits and raw nuts,etc! Simply for living the Fruitarian lifestyle you may be shunned and isolated by others, don’t expect much support, this is where being prepared comes in, to make things worse according to the raw gurus no one can live like this any more, “that was how people used to live millions of years ago and our bodies cannot support this kind of Fruitarian diet any more” is all you are going to read and hear about!!!modern day guru’s complicate raw health matters so much and totally confuse every body just so they can feel important, sell books and stay on the raw food circuit profiting off our addictions by selling processed supplements (ever understood why they write books telling us that processed food is bad and then try and sell us processed supplements?) when really the message is clear once you know it, follow your instincts, throw every thing you know out of the window, listen to the higher power within you, a higher power that some people never get a chance feel or listen to because their bodies are so blocked up by cooked food and all the destructive effects that come with it! a higher power that is alerting you to change.

Good luck!

Impressive weights and interesting diet you have, not something I could ever do but if it works for you thats awesome.

I have a question though that anyone can answer. Is it a full rep on chin-ups if you “kick” to complete it?

[quote]Da Fruitarian 1 wrote:
B Jav wrote:
That is awesome. My mom is a practicing raw food vegan and is moving toward fruitarianism. I was a raw foodist for about four months 5+ years ago. I was young and foolish so my experience was not a positive one. I felt really great at first and my physique was as lean and muscular as it had ever been for the first month and a half. However, I ended up taking in way too much protein in the form of nuts and too much dried fruit. This ironically resulted in the loss of the muscle mass I worked very hard to build. I now realize that my body could not handle the digestion. If you would care to elaborate more on your diet and experience I would really appreciate it. Last summer I read a book called “Raw Food Propaganda” (written by Joe Alexander) and it re-sparked my interest in such a lifestyle. Currently I am a lacto-ovo with a diet consisteing mainly of eggs, salad, fruit and whey shakes.

Yeah I stay away from nuts, most of them are cooked! I just eat fruits! One of the most important lessons to learn about Fruitarianism is that Fruitarianism is simplicity itself but should only be attempted after several years of cleansing. Fruitarianism has nothing to do with ethics, the ethics bit is something people throw in for their own reasons! I like to explain Fruitarianism like this!..Imagine you were stuck on a tropical island what would you eat? bare in mind you have no condiments and no cutlery! Fruitarianism is really about getting back to nature but instead of killing animals for food we kill fruits! The problem with raw veganism is that people tend to stretch the definitions of it to suit their own needs or addictions, which just ends up spreading more confusion as to what a Fruitarian lifestyle really is, I personaly believe that once the body cleanses totally there’s only one way it wants to go and that’s the true fruitarian way of just fruits and raw nuts,etc! Simply for living the Fruitarian lifestyle you may be shunned and isolated by others, don’t expect much support, this is where being prepared comes in, to make things worse according to the raw gurus no one can live like this any more, “that was how people used to live millions of years ago and our bodies cannot support this kind of Fruitarian diet any more” is all you are going to read and hear about!!!modern day guru’s complicate raw health matters so much and totally confuse every body just so they can feel important, sell books and stay on the raw food circuit profiting off our addictions by selling processed supplements (ever understood why they write books telling us that processed food is bad and then try and sell us processed supplements?) when really the message is clear once you know it, follow your instincts, throw every thing you know out of the window, listen to the higher power within you, a higher power that some people never get a chance feel or listen to because their bodies are so blocked up by cooked food and all the destructive effects that come with it! a higher power that is alerting you to change.

Good luck![/quote]

Does fruitarianism involve eating ONLY fruit? If so, where do you get all your protein from?

Good job man ! Heavy dippers are okay in my book :wink:

Thanks very much for your response. It is inspiring for me to see that despite going against “conventional” wisdom you have developed a good level of strength and experienced health benefits that the majority will never feel.

Mangos, melons, and grapes are my three favorite foods and I too would really enjoy eating as the majority of my diet. I have one tip to add that you may be able to use. Last summer I read that if you are going to consume nuts or dried fruit it is best to soak them in water overnight to aid digestion. In retrospect I think my past raw food experience would have been more positive had I put that into practice.

[quote]B Jav wrote:
Thanks very much for your response. It is inspiring for me to see that despite going against “conventional” wisdom you have developed a good level of strength and experienced health benefits that the majority will never feel.

Mangos, melons, and grapes are my three favorite foods and I too would really enjoy eating as the majority of my diet. I have one tip to add that you may be able to use. Last summer I read that if you are going to consume nuts or dried fruit it is best to soak them in water overnight to aid digestion. In retrospect I think my past raw food experience would have been more positive had I put that into practice. [/quote]

Yeah I stay away from nuts and dried fruit! but they are a good option while transitioning! going Fruitarian or raw is a major task and your going to face many struggles but believe me if you stick at it, it will be well worth it!!!

If you guys stay away from nuts where do you get your protein from? Also, do you eat vegetables as well or just fruit? That seems like a whole lot of sugar.

Good on the dips and chins … I just tore my shoulder off watching that … but is the rest of this a joke?

http://www.fruitarian.com/

To each his own, but what … the … f*ck?

I am seeking to understand religion. I have not been a believer but have always wondered … about a “God.” I can buy into the whole theory of the Big Bang and life emanating from a happenstance chemical reaction on a piece of ice floating around the universe. But still I have one hang up.

COWS.

No f*cking way did cows just happen. They taste so damned delicious that some one, some thing, some “God” MUST have put them here.

And you guys are missing it. Bah, whatever, more for me … I suppose I’ll just have to pick up the slack.

Dan

Nice work on the dips and chins. Quick question: where did you get that dip stand? Does it seem sturdy enough to hold more than 180lbs?

The reason I ask is because I’m looking to get one for myself. The dip stand I have is part of the “Power Tower.” I’ve only worked up to 90lbs because the bars felt like they were going to break off.

If you (or anyone) could point me in the direction of a dipping stand that is solid, then that would be great! Thank you.

Good job, once again.

-ton

Hi everyone. This is a very interesting thread.

Great work to “Da Fruitarian”. You have our support and respect. Awesome poundages and great physique. You seem to be right on track towards achieving your goals, which is always motivational and inspirational.

I am also very interested in how you meet your macronutrient requirements.

Perhaps you could post an example of a typical daily menu.

Many thanks,

Jimi

[quote]alstan90 wrote:
Da Fruitarian 1 wrote:
B Jav wrote:
That is awesome. My mom is a practicing raw food vegan and is moving toward fruitarianism. I was a raw foodist for about four months 5+ years ago. I was young and foolish so my experience was not a positive one. I felt really great at first and my physique was as lean and muscular as it had ever been for the first month and a half. However, I ended up taking in way too much protein in the form of nuts and too much dried fruit. This ironically resulted in the loss of the muscle mass I worked very hard to build. I now realize that my body could not handle the digestion. If you would care to elaborate more on your diet and experience I would really appreciate it. Last summer I read a book called “Raw Food Propaganda” (written by Joe Alexander) and it re-sparked my interest in such a lifestyle. Currently I am a lacto-ovo with a diet consisteing mainly of eggs, salad, fruit and whey shakes.

Good luck!

Does fruitarianism involve eating ONLY fruit? If so, where do you get all your protein from?

[/quote]

I just eat what I need, when I need it, I don’t believe in the protien, calorie, vitamin and mineral stuff!!!
the way I see it it’s not what I want it’s what my body needs and that’s what I listen to!!!

I have reached the point where I eat very little fruit sometimes I will go a day with out eating at all just because I can, for instance this season I’ve been living off of oranges juice(sucking juice from wedges)and maybe 4 bananas a day, I don’t force myself to do this it’s just the way it is! Hope that helped.

[quote]Majin wrote:
If you guys stay away from nuts where do you get your protein from? Also, do you eat vegetables as well or just fruit? That seems like a whole lot of sugar.[/quote]

I just eat what I need, when I need it, I don’t believe in the protien, calorie, vitamin and mineral stuff!!!
the way I see it it’s not what I want it’s what my body needs and that’s what I listen to!!!

I have reached the point where I eat very little fruit sometimes I will go a day with out eating at all just because I can, for instance this season I’ve been living off of oranges juice(sucking juice from wedges)and maybe 4 bananas a day, I don’t force myself to do this it’s just the way it is!

[quote]TestosterTon wrote:
Nice work on the dips and chins. Quick question: where did you get that dip stand? Does it seem sturdy enough to hold more than 180lbs?

The reason I ask is because I’m looking to get one for myself. The dip stand I have is part of the “Power Tower.” I’ve only worked up to 90lbs because the bars felt like they were going to break off.

If you (or anyone) could point me in the direction of a dipping stand that is solid, then that would be great! Thank you.

Good job, once again.

-ton[/quote]

The stand is solid as a rock! it’s my buddies and I’ve been after it for the longets time! but he won’t give it to me!!!

[quote]JimiB wrote:
Hi everyone. This is a very interesting thread.

Great work to “Da Fruitarian”. You have our support and respect. Awesome poundages and great physique. You seem to be right on track towards achieving your goals, which is always motivational and inspirational.

I am also very interested in how you meet your macronutrient requirements.

Perhaps you could post an example of a typical daily menu.

Many thanks,

Jimi

[/quote]

Thank you so much Jimi!!! I get by on very little!! this season I’m living off orange juice(sucking the juice out of orange wedges) and maybe 4 bananas or an avocado a day if that! hope that helped!!!

talk about malnutrition

Also, do your shoulders ever bother you?

Impressive weight btw.

This thread reminds me of the T-Mag Westside visit article from a few years back. Dave Tate talks to a college kid who was lifting at Westside’s gym for a day, and says “Diet is overrated. See that guy over there? He’s one of the strongest guys on Earth, and he only eats grits.”

I’m not sure what the broader implications of all this are. However, there do seem to be individuals who have succeeded in exercise while following diets that do not resemble traditional performance diets.

[quote]ConorM wrote:
What do you mean do a last eccentric? he did two eccentric movements and two concentric. Why would he add an eccentric? Wouldn’t that be like benching you 2rm and then lowering it back to your chest?

[/quote]

Because at the end of a dip you’re already in a position to do it. Muscles grow most on the eccentric right? And you’re right there, all you have to do is slowly lower yourself one last time. Gives you an extra hit for no cost at all. You’d be mad not to, you’re just shortchanging yourself.

[quote]eawhite wrote:
I have a question though that anyone can answer. Is it a full rep on chin-ups if you “kick” to complete it?[/quote]

I’d count it if it’s for the last 2 or 3 out of a set of 10. Not if it’s for every rep though. It’s cheating. Pull ups are meant to be done with the back, not the legs.