Recently i found out about the bartendaz group that workout at playgrounds and what not and it got me thinking about what i really find important with lift weights. I know i will never be a top powerlifter and i do not want to be a bodybuilder so i thought some good goals for myself would be to become exceptional and bodyweight strength things. I dont necessarily care about the bartendaz acrobatics and what not but it is very impressive. So i designed a workout to follow for a while to see how much i can improve my dips and chin-ups. So here is my plan (I apologize if this is the wrong forum btw).
Shane Bartendaz inspired workout:
Goals ï¿½?? Increase endurance and strength in Chin-Ups and Dips, while simultaneously increasing strength in Squat and Dead lift.
Methods ï¿½?? Strength Upper body day with emphasis on chin-ups and dips, Strength Lower Body Day with emphasis on Dead lifts and Squats. Repetition upper body day with emphasis on Chin-Ups and Dips, Sprinting workout to add leg endurance.
Warm-up 20 push-ups, 10 pull-ups, 20 body squats nonstop do this 2x. Take a couple minutes and then do workout.
Upper Body day Strength day:
- 1a Heavy Dips 4x5reps, Ramp to a max set of 4-6 reps of weighted Dips (A little beyond shoulder width)
- 1b Heavy Chin-Ups 4x5reps, Ramp to a max set of 4-6 reps of weighted Chins (A little beyond shoulder width)
- 2a Dip Assistance 3 sets varying reps
- 2b Chin Up Assistance 3 sets varying reps
- 3a Incline Bench press (or Dumbbell press) 3x8-12, heavy but not always to failure
- 3b Dumbbell Rows 3x8-12, Heavy but not always to failure
- 4 Upright Rows 3x8-12, Heavy but not always to failure
For Lower Body Strength Day
- 1a Heavy Squats 5x5 reps, Ramp to a max set of 4-6 reps
- 1b Heavy Dead lifts 3x5 reps, Ramp to a max set of 4-6 reps (Should already be warmed up)
- 2a Unilateral Leg work (lunges, Step-Ups) 3x10-15
- 2b Hamstrings (Hyper extension, Hamstring Curls) 3x8-12
- 3 Obloquies (Wood chops, Side bends) 3x15-20
- 4 Hanging Abs (Knee-ups, Leg-ups, Weight knee-ups, washing machines) 3x15-20
For Upper Body Repetition day
- 1a Max reps 2 sets of max reps of Dips (A little wider than shoulder width)
- 1b Max reps 2 sets of max reps of Chin-ups (A little wider than shoulder width)
- 2a Dip Assistance (Continue Rotation)
- 2b Chin-Up Assistance (Continue Rotation)
- 3a Military press (Or Dumbbell) 3x8-12
- 3b Biceps Curls (Standing, Alternating, Hammer) 3x10-15
- 4 Shrugs (Barbell or Dumbbell) 3x15-20
For Sprint Day ï¿½?? look up ???
Rest- As long as needed
Tempo ï¿½?? Explosive up, natural and controlled down
Variety ï¿½?? Assistance exercises are rotated through every week and a half, Other exercises should be changed out once I cannot improve on them anymore. Main strength and rep exercises should be maintained for as long as possible, once I cannot get stronger on them it is either time for new workout or to switch goals or main exercises.
Dip Assistance choose 3 from the following: (set up a rotation) Dips Claps, Side to side Dips, Super wide or super narrow dips. 3sets of varying reps
Pull-Up Assistance choose 3 from the following: Assistance (set up a rotation) Side-to-sides from front or back Pull yourself up with wide grip and pull body to either hand back and forth, Power Pull-ups (Accelerate so much that I can press myself above bar), Super wide or Super narrow grip, mixed-grip chin-ups, Chin-Ups to belly button. 3 sets of varying reps
Without adding too much volume i feel like this program will hit all the muscles i need and with the supplemental work will keep me from having any underdeveloped muscles. What do you all think? Any blaring flaws in my workout?