Dip Belts

Can anyone recommend where to get a dip belt? There is one at the gym but it is not always available. I checked all the local stores but no one carrys them.

Todd

You can easily search on the internet, When I was looking I found a bunch on the internet, but ended up ordering it from a local supply store and it costed me like 35 bucks. I love the thing, works great for dips and pullups.

yahoo search- just paste in address bar.

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=dip+belt&sm=Yahoo!+Search&fr=FP-tab-web-t-226&toggle=1&ei=UTF-8

If you have a Copelands near by, you can pick one up for $30. I bought mine online (can’t remember the site at the moment) for about $25. Do a google search, and that should give you several options.

LJ

Thanks, I did find some using google but I was kind of interested in some opinions on what would be recommended. Most seem pretty similar but I don’t want something that is designed poorly or something. It is hard to tell from a picture.

Did you find one you like?

I feel your pain of ordering online. Two years ago, I ordered a dip belt online and it was a piece of crap. I think it was a Red Oxx brand, but I’m not sure. The strap hung close to the ground after being buckled. That meant when I attached weights the would be sitting on the ground. What the hell is that? Either the company and I have different ideas on what a dip belt is, it was a manufacturer’s defect, or it was just a worthless piece of poop.

Anyway, Elitefts.com has a belt for about $35 and I trust their name and the products they carry. I don’t know what brand their belt is but their head harness is CapBarbell. My current dip belt is CapBarbell and has worked great for over 2 years now. Maybe all of Elite’s leather equipment is CapBarbell, but even if it’s not, I have complete faith in the products Elite carries.

Just look around both online and in sporting stores. You should be able to find something somewhere at a reasonable price.

Another option is to just make one. Take a lifting belt(every sporting store carries these), buy a length of chain and a carabiner from a hardware store, loop the chain through the front of the belt, and–voila! Instant dip belt.

Hope that helps,
Toddy

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I feel your pain of ordering online. Two years ago, I ordered a dip belt online and it was a piece of crap. I think it was a Red Oxx brand, but I’m not sure. The strap hung close to the ground after being buckled. That meant when I attached weights the would be sitting on the ground. What the hell is that? Either the company and I have different ideas on what a dip belt is, it was a manufacturer’s defect, or it was just a worthless piece of poop.

Anyway, Elitefts.com has a belt for about $35 and I trust their name and the products they carry. I don’t know what brand their belt is but their head harness is CapBarbell. My current dip belt is CapBarbell and has worked great for over 2 years now. Maybe all of Elite’s leather equipment is CapBarbell, but even if it’s not, I have complete faith in the products elite carries.

Hope that helps,
Toddy[/quote]

I got the one from elite and I did not like it-- returned it in fact. I went with the one ironmind sells and love it.

i made my dip belt with an inzer power belt(i already owned it) and some 3/4" rope with two bowline knots at the ends. It works really well, although learning how to put it on without the plates falling on your toe takes a little skill.
the rope is real handy for stretching too.

I bought a regular squat belt at my local Gart brothers for 10 dollars, 3 feet of chain and two carabiner-like clips at my local Home Depot. Total cost less than 15 dollars. Works great.

I started this thread a while back about making a belt for weighted dips and chins or what have you.

Hope it helps.

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=604943

[quote]bino wrote:
I got the one from elite and I did not like it-- returned it in fact. I went with the one ironmind sells and love it.
[/quote]

Really? What did you not like about it? What made the Ironmind belt better?

Forget all about making your own belt. Go and order a Grizzly dipping belt. It only costs about $25. I bought one and it is great. It is well made, sturdy, strong.

I have the Grizzly belt as well and it works just fine. I’ve only had it a few months, but it looks up to the task. The chain it came with looks a little wimpy, but I haven’t had any issues with it yet, even with a 110lb dumbell on it. Again, I paid $25 online, which included shipping. Can’t remember where I bought it though–sorry.

LJ

If you want to go a little further than an ordinary dip belt, get a hip squat belt from ironmind.

You can add the weight on either the front or the back of the belt (which might be good for some exercises as), too.

And also…you have yourself a hip squat belt now, which has been a very good training tool for my quads over the years.

bodybuilding.com has the Grizzly belt for $23.94, shipping included.

I’ve got the Ironmind dip belt, and it works well. Looks a little funny with just a strap instead of a chain, but it’s been fine for me, and they make quality stuff.