dinosaur training

g;day everyone i’m wayne and i live in AUSTRALIA. i have fallen in love with dino training by BROOKS KUBIK and training the old fashioned way like they did late 1800’s to 1950. I would like to here from anyone who is training this way or is keen to try this style of training. give me details of your routine or I mite be able to give some advice on how to train this way.next time I post i will post my training routine and what lifts i do

G’day W12345.
I’m interested in Dino training. Whatever you got I’ll take.

Billy

I second that.

And a third!

Give us a run down

I have all of the “Dino Files”, and all of the Dino video tapes. The Files are really great and inspirational to read and have some great article reprints from the mid century. The videos have some cool demonstrations but are a little repetitive. Not repetitive from video to video, but repetitive within the video, so you’ll have a 2 hour workout taped, but it is the same handful of exercises (“Let’s try that with 100.” “Let’s try that with 105.”)

what exactly is dino training?

I have read some of Kubrick’s articles available on his site, but have yet to get any of his products. Will be buying some in the future…

http://www.sandowplus.co.uk/

If you are interested in the kind of training that Brooks Kubick recommends then copy and paste this address into google.

It has all of the oldtime strongman tarining books by Saxon, Sandow, Mcfadden etc. You can print them off for free.

I like one of Sandow’s recommendations to take off your corset before working out…

g’day people it’s wayne here i’m so happy to hear your replies.today i trained legs;instead of doing bar squats i did squats on a cable squat machine.I position my feet so i do one legged squats and go to absolute rock bottom so my calves are in full contact with my hamstrings.I did 3 sets of 5 reps with 100kgs;when i finnished my legs were fried then i went and did 4 sets of 5 reps on the overhead squats. I have been practicing them for 3 months starting of with just the bar and my grip was against the collars on a olympic bar. today i worked up to 5 reps with 60 kgs and my grip is 6 inches inside the collars. i am very happy with my progres and have noticed i am getting a lot thicker in the legs hips glutes and upper back and shoulders just from doing overhead squats.that’s just a glimce into part of my leg training.I would like to post more of my traing in the next few day’s and explain more on dino training.you guy’s sound great and i want to here your ideas and training programs

to twistedlocal i’ll try and explain my view on dino training. i have read BROOKS KUBIK book on dino training and basically it’s training with bars and dumbells with heavy weights with compound movements. the lifts consist of any form of free weight squats,all forms of deadlifts, all forms of overhead lifting,some bench pressing, heavy tricep pressing,some heavy curls,then you have keg/barrell lifting,all kinds of grip work then you finnish of your workout with farmers walk,sandbag carries, tyre flips.Don’t forget throw in some OLYMPIC LIFTING and power cleans,high pulls,shrugs. that’s just a brief look at dino training,i have been doing this for 2yrs and swear by it, BROOKS is a god to me and i will never train any other way again.if you would like to know more , or about my training please post and i will be happy to help in any way.

to billyboy here is a brief look at a general week training.monday is legs.3 sets of 5 reps on very wide stance squat in the safety rack coming of the pins from bottom position with calves in full contact with hams with 160kgs.then i do 3 sets of 5 reps on zercher squats going to absolute rock bottom with 140kgs.then i do 3 sets of 5 reps on any kind of leg curl with 100kgs.then i finnish of with 3 sets of 5 reps on overhead squats.TUESDAY is chest and shoulders.bench press 5 sets of 5 reps in safety rack ,bar is on safety pins and just touching my chest .i start from bottom position off pins and each rep is rested on pins before lifting for next rep,very tuff.weight is 120kgs for 3 sets then 110kgs 2 sets. shoulders is standing milatry press with bar ,strict press for 3 sets of 5 reps with 85kgs,behind the neck press with bar 3 sets of 5 reps with 80kgs,then some kind of heavy shrugs 3 sets of 6-8 reps.THURSDAY is back.power cleans 3 sets of 5 reps with 85kgs ,zercher deadlifts from 12 inch blocks 3 sets of 5 reps with 110kgs,seated cable row 3 sets of 5 reps with 150kgs.SATURDAY is arms.close grip bench press 3 sets of 5 reps performed just like regular bench in safety rack off pins with 105kgs,lying tricep extension with cambered bar, i let the bar touch the floor behind my head and stretch the hell out of my triceps then i pull with the longhead of tri’s and in one motion press into lockout 3 sets of 5 reps with 70kgs.biceps are 3 sets of 5 reps on dumbell hammer curl with 45pnds,3 sets of 5 reps on standing dumbell curl with 45pnds. that’s just a glimpse of some of the types of training i do. i also do kettle bell training useing dumbells.

…but not before you have waxed your moustache!!

A buddy of mine has a keg he’s gonna give me. heehee