Dinosaur Training for Boxing?

So I have been a long time lurker and I usually like to read or search to see if my question is posted. This is my first post because I am very serious since I am in a very pivotal moment in my training.

So I train boxing and my boxing technique has finally clicked. I for the longest time simply ran hill and did push ups and sit ups. Now with boxing techniques in place, I want to focus on more strength and conditioning.

This brings me to Dinosaur training. I got in to it because I was deeply impressed with Kim Woods who is an advocate of this training and that he trained Shootfighting legend Ken Shamrock when Ken was in his prime. I am what is the best way to go about integrating this type of training to boxing?

Edit: Damn, I joined May 18, 2013 and its May 27, 2018. How fast time goes each year…

Not really sure what you mean by dinosaur training. I’m familiar with Wood, and Brooks Kubik, so do you mean just odd object lifting in general - barrels, sandbags, etc.?

This article talked a bunch about sandbags, and this one talks more generally about strongman-type lifting that’s outside of standard barbell lifts.

That kind of stuff can build all sorts of “functional strength”, but then, so can deadlifts, power cleans, and dumbbell presses. The biggest thing with strength and conditioning work is to focus on the actual goal and not fall in love with any specific method or implement because that puts the priority on the wrong thing.

The details depend on what needs work and how much work it needs. Generally speaking, 2-3 well-designed days should be plenty to complement boxing work.