The Game is Afoot (CL)

What’s on the menu chick?

Haven’t ironed out all the details but things will include, unilateral DB, bodyweight, bands, cables, and carries.

4 Likes

Sounds good👍

Wee break from the norm does no harm

1 Like

Still don’t have the details ironed out, but I did do something.

Helped my buddy work on his death trap boat last evening, got home late, ate late, and just couldn’t fall asleep, woke up late, so… here I am. No regrets, we have fun. Didn’t fix a damn thing, but we surely got it tore apart. :rofl:

BPAs

DB bench
3 Drops sets
3-5reps 35s never thought I would even attempt this.
5-10reps 30s
5-10 reps 25s

Incline bench DB rows
5x10/30s

Ring rows
Med ball throws
Ab wheel

8 Likes

Wu= :rofl:

DB SLDL
6x6/40 each

Clean, squat, press
6x6/20s

Kneeling band lat pull, leftie only straight up and down to try to get my left lat engaged.

My brain said… I have always wanted to try some Nordic curls. Set everything up, struggled through some really bad reps, and my hammies said… WTF were you thinking?

Lying hamstring curls
3x10/20

Bag of corn to shoulder a few each

DB row dropset
14-15/40
10-12/35
10-12/30

Times up.

Our well pump started acting up last night. This is not unusual this time of year because sometimes fire ants, spiders or scorpions will get in the pressure switch. Not that easy this time. I cleaned up the points but it is still short cycling. Have to meet the well service people in town to get a new switch. Today is the annual Rodeo parade and everything is closed or closing at noon. I have no idea how the change the pressure switch but it can’t be rocket science… right???

7 Likes

What are the consequences if changing it goes south on you? Bad timing on the switch and/or parade!

That’s an interesting-looking workout - very functional and lots of carry-over. How do you feel now?

We end up with no water and have to wait until Monday before we can get somebody out to fix it. I did have a nice talk with a guy that works at the well service and he explained some things, so hopefully I got this!

Other than dying from the humidity, like I probaby should have manned up and broke out the 45s. :grin:

3 Likes

That may help a lot. Yep, you’ve got this!

It’s been unseasonably cool here, but that’ll probably change in the next week or two. Starting light means you don’t feel beat up and can increase the intensity next time, right?

ETA - can you get the phone number for one of the well service people, in case you need some help?

I am rationLIESing this by calling it room for “progression” :wink:

Rodeo weekend here is like a national holiday, I could probably get a hold of somebody but the price would be astronomical. Just take pic and put the new one just like the old come apart. He said it’s not rocket science. He says it’s more likely the pressure tank itself. I will have to drain the tank and put precisely 28 lbs of air in the tank, then turn the pump back on. How hard could it be? Don’t answer that…lol

1 Like

I wouldn’t have though of taking a picture first - good idea! Along those lines, you could also take a video of yourself taking it apart.

1 Like

Wise plan, in my humble opinion.

The older one gets, the more well rounded (figuratively, of course…err, pun intended? lol) one needs to become.

2 Likes

Nordics are much harder than one would think.

1 Like

I had no illusion of these going smoothly, but surprisingly I am not suffering any ill effects (DOMS) from them.

2 Likes

How was the switch switching?

1 Like

Due to the weather flooding the state hwy last week I had to go do the stuff I had planned for Thursday yesterday. So… I
haven’t made the switch yet. I am going to try working on the pressure tank first and see if that does the trick. Draining everything right now. I found a good sized red wasp nest in there and prefer to get rid of them before I have to crawl in the tiny puml house with them.

Success! Everything seems to be functioning properly for now. The schrader vavle in the pressure tank has a very slow leak. Next step will be to try and replace the vavle next weekend and see if that will resolve the problem before I have to consider just replacing the whole tank.

7 Likes

I really admire how capable and resourceful you are!

You also look great btw!

2 Likes

We’re getting the rainy you had now and pretty much for the rest of the week.

1 Like

Thank you! I look at both as struggling along.

We got to see the sun yesterday and today for the first time in weeks.

6 Likes

Sweet, that’s good news! Hopefully the tank will remain operational. However, lots of people are forecasting a dire economic future and saying to make whatever big purchases we need now. If you’re able, maybe it’d be wise to buy a new tank.

1 Like