DIM Headaches

On it for 3 days now, 100mg.morning / 100mg.evening
Started getting terrible headaches day 2.
Besides stopping, does anybody have any feedback or experience on how to get rid of DIM headaches?

I’ve never heard of this before.

However, I am aware that there can be some absorption issues with DIM. Make sure you have these two things in check and let me know how it goes:

1. Make sure you’re taking DIM along with fat. DIM is fat soluble and adequate fat is required for digestion.
  2. Make sure your stomach acid levels are up to par. This will require supplementation - google the HCL protocol. Do not assume your stomach acid levels are ok, about 98% of people have low stomach acid levels - even those suffering from “excess” stomach acid problems such as gastric reflux.

Can’t say that I’ve ever heard of or experienced such a thing, and I’m currently taking 600 mg/day (200 morning, 200 mid-day, 200 evening).

are you male or female?

I have heard that sometimes people with SUPER high extrogen can get sick (didnt say headachs though) when detoxing.

are you taking in enough water throughout the day? i find i require a ton of water when taking DIM. is your urine turning a brownish colour, if so that means you need a lot more water with it.

I just started taking DIM on Thursday and experienced the same thing. The worse, longest lasting headaches I’ve ever had. Sunday morning finally woke up with only a minor headache that has lingered through the day and have felt totally lazy today. Hoping tomorrow to have a good workout and be past these symptoms.

The best that I can tell is that it the headaches are estrogen withdrawal headaches and should go away as your body adjusts to lower estrogen levels. This is something women commonly experience when going from the actual birth control (estrogen) to the week they take sugar pills. Probably as sign that we are on the right track taking DIM.

Hmm interesting. Im currently experimenting with Calcium D Glucarate which is purported to help with estrogen clearence and I did feel a bit “weird” the first few days but nothing horrific. A little increased hunger and mild stomach discomfort. No headaches or anything like that.

need to make sure you guys add fiber. these herbs will cleave the estrogens from the storage sites but if you dont have a way to remove them from the body entirely they will recirculate and be restored again in the system. You cant use just any fiber though.

If you get headaches its a good sign, embrace it, it is the female in you whining and bitching like always about how its “not in the mood” and wants attention. Give attention, right to the backdoor and kick her the fuck out.

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:
need to make sure you guys add fiber. these herbs will cleave the estrogens from the storage sites but if you dont have a way to remove them from the body entirely they will recirculate and be restored again in the system. You cant use just any fiber though.

If you get headaches its a good sign, embrace it, it is the female in you whining and bitching like always about how its “not in the mood” and wants attention. Give attention, right to the backdoor and kick her the fuck out. [/quote]

What kind of fiber should you use when taking DIM?

[quote]Bonesaw93 wrote:

[quote]hipsr4runnin wrote:

If you get headaches its a good sign, embrace it, it is the female in you whining and bitching like always about how its “not in the mood” and wants attention. Give attention, right to the backdoor and kick her the fuck out. [/quote]

What kind of fiber should you use when taking DIM?[/quote]

Poliquin suggests rotating between milled flaxseed, cheaseed and phylium husk.

I second what has already been mentioned here…

Make sure you’re getting enough water
Make sure you’re using fibre (30g/day minimum). Flax seed, chia seed, and psyllium husk.

And a note for the psyllium husk - you MUST follow up your psyllium husk with 2 additional glasses of water… that shit is strong!

Never had headaches with DIM, but was alarmed at how brown it made my piss.

I drink a ton of water, but after I take DIM, my toilet looks like a dialysis patient with 8% remaining renal function took a leak in it.