T Nation

Digital Food Scale

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:
JN7844 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I bought one from Amazon and it was broken during shipping.

why not just go to your local WalMart, Sears, Kohls or Target and see what they have?

You know what’s funny? There’s something about coming home from work and seeing a package on my porch from Biotest or Amazon that makes me feel like I’m opening a present.

So I decided to order one:

It’s simple but does exactly what I’m looking for. Capacity range is from 1 gram - 5kg.

I’ll give a review when it arrives.

who am I kidding, I feel the same way.

A review would be great as that is a great price for the scale.

[/quote]

The scale arrived today and works perfectly. I threw a plate on, hit the “tear” button, threw a steak on, and got my reading. If anyone is looking for a basic scale at a pretty good price, go for this one.

As a bonus, it came with the necessary AA Energizer batteries; little shit like that pleases me.

Thanks for the update. I went to Khols tonight and looked for the food scales in the Cookware/gadgets section. Nothing… I wanted to see it up close before making the commitment (lol). Anyways, good to hear you liked that particular model.

[quote]JN7844 wrote:

The scale arrived today and works perfectly. I threw a plate on, hit the “tear” button, threw a steak on, and got my reading. If anyone is looking for a basic scale at a pretty good price, go for this one.

As a bonus, it came with the necessary AA Energizer batteries; little shit like that pleases me.[/quote]

I bought the same scale. Works great.

I got one from the local Meijers (think Walmart, but with unions!) tha was around $30. It works great, and I’ve had no problems with it as of yet. I’d recommend just doing that instead of trying to find some exotic scale off the internet.

I got a salter one. Does grams oz ml. Its great, people think they know how much there are eating and i always tell them you have no idea until your weighing your food, thats a fact.

As said above make sure you get one so you can still see the reading while a plate is on the scale.

to weigh my supplements (powders) i use the axe 2 300. they also have the axe 2 600, 300/600 oz’s. accuracy is great, price is great. it’s the best scale i’ve owned… this is a pocket scale not a food scale, but thought i’d throw this in here in case someones looking for something like this…

http://www.oldwillknottscales.com/my-weigh-axe-a2-300.aspx