Digital Food Scale

I’m currently browsing Amazon.com for a digital food scale and there are over a 100 to choose from.

Any recommendations?

Pros and cons?

Thanks.

I’m also in the market for a digital food scale. I’m interested to see some responses.

i have a salter and it works great

I bought one from Amazon and it was broken during shipping.

why not just go to your local WalMart, Sears, Kohls or Target and see what they have?

I got one at Big Lots for $12. Works quite well.

[quote]OctoberGirl wrote:

why not just go to your local WalMart, Sears, Kohls or Target and see what they have?

[/quote]

Probably what I’ll end up doing, but as long as this thread was created I figured I’d see what people like.

[quote]elusive wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

Probably what I’ll end up doing, but as long as this thread was created I figured I’d see what people like.[/quote]

Oh I was definitely checking the thread for suggestions also! I haven’t replaced the broken one yet.

Well, I know I want a scale thats precise and can weigh in oz’s and grams. I also want one thats large enough to slap a big plate on top of it (to put my food on to measure).

my salter does oz and grams, up to 11 lbs, which is nice so i can put my plate on it, tare the scale (zero it out) and still weigh my portions on it.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Well, I know I want a scale thats precise and can weigh in oz’s and grams. I also want one thats large enough to slap a big plate on top of it (to put my food on to measure).[/quote]

I like how you think. I had one that had a very small weighing plate so when I would put something on it I had to make sure it was balanced.

[/quote]

You know what’s funny? There’s something about coming home from work and seeing a package on my porch from Biotest or Amazon that makes me feel like I’m opening a present.

So I decided to order one:

It’s simple but does exactly what I’m looking for. Capacity range is from 1 gram - 5kg.

I’ll give a review when it arrives.

[quote]JN7844 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

You know what’s funny? There’s something about coming home from work and seeing a package on my porch from Biotest or Amazon that makes me feel like I’m opening a present.

It’s simple but does exactly what I’m looking for. Capacity range is from 1 gram - 5kg.

I’ll give a review when it arrives.[/quote]

who am I kidding, I feel the same way.

A review would be great as that is a great price for the scale.

I think I have a Salter somewhere.

But right now I’m just using some cheapo from Wal-Mart. Precision, I think.

It’s plastic, I can toss it around the kitchen, and it does the job.

[quote]elusive wrote:
Well, I know I want a scale thats precise and can weigh in oz’s and grams. I also want one thats large enough to slap a big plate on top of it (to put my food on to measure).[/quote]

Most are of the size that’ll hold a plate (at least the two I have and those I looked at in the store). Just make sure the screen is positioned so that you can still see it.

JN7844 wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

I’ll give a review when it arrives.

who am I kidding, I feel the same way.

A review would be great as that is a great price for the scale.

[/quote]

That’s exactly the one I have. I bought it a year ago or so from amazon. I like it, especially for the money. It works good, you can put a plate on it, then re-zero it (tare) to get the weight of just the food. It measures in: grams, oz, lbs/oz, and the display is easy to read.

[quote]SBT wrote:
elusive wrote:
Well, I know I want a scale thats precise and can weigh in oz’s and grams. I also want one thats large enough to slap a big plate on top of it (to put my food on to measure).

Most are of the size that’ll hold a plate (at least the two I have and those I looked at in the store). Just make sure the screen is positioned so that you can still see it.[/quote]

Yeah, thats a good point. It would be useless if I put a plate on it and couldn’t see the reading.

[/quote]

none. I’ve been to like 5 places. No one even knows what I’m talking about.

this is the 121 model, amazon doesn’t have it, they have the regular 120 model.

[quote]mtsilov wrote:

this is the 121 model, amazon doesn’t have it, they have the regular 120 model.[/quote]

That looks really nice, but how large is it? Seems interesting, I wonder how accurate the food database in it is.

[quote]AccipiterQ wrote:
OctoberGirl wrote:

none. I’ve been to like 5 places. No one even knows what I’m talking about. [/quote]

Maybe try a smoke shop.