Digestion Time for Workout Drink?

Does anyone know how long it takes for an average person to fully digest 10oz of a pre- or postworkout drink(ie SWF or Surge Recovery)?

It’s pretty close to the time required to digest 10 ounces of water, although I don’t know the exact number of minutes.

^^^ hilarious!

Your question is a little hard to address, because for the most part Surge comes pre digested. The majority of the carbs and or protein and protein in Surge WF and recovery are fully digested, so as Mod Brian said, it’s a matter of drinking the mixture.

You can read up on how long it takes for digesting glucose to affect insulin, blood glucose, etc. if you want, but I think it’s safe to say that Surge Recovery is a pretty damn well designed drink for recovery.

Studies support that of the carbohydrates present in the diet, absorbed glucose is largely responsible for the food-induced increase in blood glucose concentration, which is very important to replenish after a workout. Also determined in research is that dietary protein increases insulin secretion and lowers blood glucose, i.e. pumps it into the muscles.

I read in a few places on the interweb that if you drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, it pretty much goes through the stomach and enters the intestines almost instantly. So I guess the same would apply with a whey drink on an ampty stomach(granted it’s something like Surge or whey n water. Probably would take a couple more minutes than just water in the intestines to digest the sugar and proteins…

My reason for asking the question to begin with was because I was insure if having any SWF in my stomach while drinking Surge Recovery would have any impact of it’s indended use.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
My reason for asking the question to begin with was because I was insure if having any SWF in my stomach while drinking Surge Recovery would have any impact of it’s indended use.[/quote]

This would not have a negative impact.

[quote]tw0scoops2 wrote:
I read in a few places on the interweb that if you drink a glass of water on an empty stomach, it pretty much goes through the stomach and enters the intestines almost instantly. So I guess the same would apply with a whey drink on an ampty stomach(granted it’s something like Surge or whey n water. Probably would take a couple more minutes than just water in the intestines to digest the sugar and proteins…[/quote]

Regular whey, and whole food protein sources, will take significantly longer than the whey protein hydrolyslate in Surge Recovery to be digested.

I read nutrient timing a few years back. higly recommend it. they’ve seen from numerous studies. 4-6 fl. oz takes 15 mins. so sip 4-6 oz of fluiid every 15 mins approx. I don’t know how precise this is etc… but I do it and feels good to me…