Dig Through the Ditches

there was something on Good mornings just recently…

Yes ma’am , tnot touching the floor definitely keeps the tension on your hams and glutes.

Think more about squeezing the glutes to initiate the lift and on the descent letting the ham stretch under the tension of the weight…also don’t return to a fully erect position on the return

Um, on the GMs how far are you going down? Maybe you stop before the hams kick in?

Try them staggered with a leg up on a bench…that should open up a different angle for ya.

Really though a gm is just an rdl with a different loading placement…mimic the movement pattern you use for the rdls on gms

Now, what did you think was opposite?

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
Until I get my whores moaning properly, is there even a point really?
[/quote]

no point what so ever.

quoting Smashing Pumpkin and talking 'bout your whores… this log should be promising…

keep moving Mims. we’re all right behind you staring at those nom legs :wink:

Dont tell kpsnap, she may get jealous, but I brought you some flowers as well :smiley:

Keep up the great work!

MIM! You are freaking persistent–no need for me to give you a pep talk but I have to put my two cents in about how much fucking grit you have. I remember YEARS AGO reading your log–you keep it at it and you’re fantastic.

OH…as for the cardio problem…can you do walking? I’m a convert to walking forever distances. if it doesn’t bother your knees and stuff? It takes forever but its pretty spiffy if you can manage it outside too no boring machine work.

we all know you are a dedicated woman, so if you don’t feel like some cardio is going to do you good at the moment, trust yourself.

Its too bad that such a good looking knee is feeling so crappy.

And to answer you other question before, yes I’ve done the elimination diet (lost a few brain cells from it I think) last year, found that I have a slight wheat intolerance which can turn my stomach if eat too much but still got those weird body aches, even stopped eating any nightshade veggies to see. Oh well its much better this year.

Ct- thanks for the tips. I thought the GM was a low back exercise.

Well, I might not have felt it yesterday, but I’m certainly feeling it this morning. My glutes woof every time I walk. :slight_smile:

Hey N- I am hopeful by the end of this log I will be on my way to feeling more human than a human. I’m on a roll! :smiley:
Were you just agreeing with me about the cardio to be nice or because you think there is some smartness to my theory?

Thanks Dixie- you big southern gentleman you.

Bruuuuuute!!!
I loooooooooove walking forever distances walking, lol. I usually save this for one weekend day. During the week it’s hard to get out there sometimes with the evening family rush of homework and dinner. If this was my job to lean down for a show then ya. Or if I had a dog :frowning:

MT- when you asked me about body aches, had you had any wheat around that time?? lol@ losing brain cells!!!

And thank you for all the nice words…
What other option is there? If you were me you’d do the same.

Right now I’m trying to decide whether or not to go gym’ing or to take a rest.

I’m exhausted. Insomnia for 3 weeks now. Probably another symptom of the pathetically long list of symptoms.

I gotta go fill my script for my meds. But I don’t want to throws tantrum
I think it’s the pills that are making me more sick but I haven’t been told otherwise, accept for the advice and opinions of a couple peeps here.

Nah I try to stay away from the damn stuff now. Hope you feel better, I’d love a dog myself.

Hey MiM, I read your last post in your old log. If your antibodies are high you may very well have hashimoto’s. Your thyroid could be under attack, which will cause it to occasionally spill a bunch of T4 into your blood stream (which could be the cause of high rt3- your body senses the t4 overload and upregulates t4->rt3 conversion).

As far as I’m aware the best way to treat this is dessicated (t4+t3) thyroid or even slow release t3-only. You may feel worse as the additional thyroid adds to the huge amount spilled in your bloodstream, but this should pass if you are on the right dose and your body begins to downregulate its thyroid activity in the presence of exogenous T4/T3 - you may even need to up the dose.

This is NOT something I’ve gone through personally (tested negative for hashi’s) nor am I a doctor, so I can’t guarantee this info. But it is what I have read in multiple places and it’s what I would do if I were in your situation.

Sorry everyone if I’m making this a medical thread but you can just skip my posts if you like. Just trying to help.

MT- I try to stay away from it as well…but on occasion I will endulge. A life without pasta or pizza!!!

SCJ- hey…no worries. I appreciate it! I’ve been diagnosed as having Hashi’s, yep. What you say makes sense…and I hope the new speciailist that I will be seeing can see along the same path. Some don’t even acknowledge that there is any such thing as conversion problems.
lookin BUFF btw…woot!

I’m wondering if I should stop taking my meds at all. If anything it is keeping the TSH level down. Endocrinologist appt is not until next month.

I spent yesterday morning filling my script, waiting forever, then leaving empty handed. I’ll go back tomorrow to get it.
This morning I went and got my MRI done for my knee. It was weird holding so still and my knee was aaaaaching…owie! :frowning:

the tech and I got to talking though and it made the time go by faster. And afterward she was showing me around the whole floor :slight_smile: I mentioned that I have an interest in this stuff. She said MRI or nuke med would be best for me.

The only thing she could tell me was with the shape that my knees are in I should consider NOT getting a job that would require being on my feet constantly or getting up and down. hmmmmm.

I would have walked away with the disc of images in hand, but there server was down. Can pick it up tomorrow!

In a way I hope there is something wrong that can be fixed and not just a problem I have to deal with for the rest of my life.

I have to say, although I work only three days a week, I am absolutely exhausted from being on my feet for most of the time I’m there. So she might have a point.
Regarding the Hashi’s, perhaps PM Molly as she has it and may be able to offer some advice.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:

I’m wondering if I should stop taking my meds at all. If anything it is keeping the TSH level down. Endocrinologist appt is not until next month.
[/quote]

Personally I wouldn’t. Taking meds with hashi’s may have a temporary spike in symptoms but is better in the long run I feel.

I haven’t seen where you mentioned, but what type of meds are you on? Synthroid, dessicated, t3-only?

Cal- there goes my career as a professional gymnast!
Makes me rethink about what I’m supposed to be doing with the rest of my life. My life is only beginning and I already feel side lined.

SJ- I take synthroid only. The only kind of meds the Dr’s here on base dish out.

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
SJ- I take synthroid only. The only kind of meds the Dr’s here on base dish out. [/quote]

Oh noes! You need T3 support!! Those bastahds should be sued for malpractice.

Thanks for the buff comment earlier. Workin on it one day at a time…

[quote]scj119 wrote:

[quote]mom-in-MD wrote:
SJ- I take synthroid only. The only kind of meds the Dr’s here on base dish out. [/quote]

Oh noes! You need T3 support!! Those bastahds should be sued for malpractice.

Thanks for the buff comment earlier. Workin on it one day at a time…[/quote]

Thats why I got referred. They can only do so much at this tiny clinic. Thanks for lookin out.
And I’m good for a compliment or two. Hey, I think we’re all working on getting more buff. I totally get the one day at a time. Hopefully when this is all settled I’ll be getting those results too!

“In a way I hope there is something wrong that can be fixed and not just a problem I have to deal with for the rest of my life.”

I know exactly how you feel. When something is wrong and you go to a medical professional and they dont have answers its extremely frustrating, I, Like you would rather a doc say well sir you have whoseawhatsitus and you need to do this and not this and possibly take this. Rather than hey your perfectly healthy, maybe your stressed out or some other crap.

New log! Glad you got that MRI. I hope you get some “how to get fixed up” news soon.

Sorry you have to wait so long for your thyroid appt. I wouldn’t drop the meds or I wouldn’t without calling my dr first. Best to stay on them–then your doc will have a relatively known variable to work with–been on x meds for x weeks=Y means try Z?

Thanks Matty- I hope for the whoseawhatsitus and that I need to do this possibly take that. I reeeeally don’t want to hear I can’t do something. That word isn’t even in my vocab.
I was freaked out enough by the tech who hinted about my future career path. I kinda wish she wouldn’t have hinted at anything. I guess thats why techs aren’t supposed to diagnose people on the spot. Plus what would the Drs get paid to do?? ha!

your right Nadia. I won’t stop taking my meds.

I go to pick up my images from the hospital today. Anyone here good at reading MRIs of the knee?? :slight_smile:
I also have my appt set for the Ortho on Monday.

Trying really hard not to think the worse. At 32 years of age I don’t want to be told I have the knees of a 90 year old minced meat and given a laundry list of things I can’t or shouldn’t do.

I came across these links:
http://www.prolotherapy.org/prolotherapy/prolotherapy-saved-me-from-bilateral-knee-replacements
This guys story sounds similar to mine and what I have been told what could be going on. Only I’m not walking around with a cane just yet.

My PT had mentioned it before…seems interesting.

I hope it’s not that bad. And to be honest, there’s no such thing as can’t. Pretty much everything can be worked around.