Difficulty Figuring Out Body Type

I’m still having a lot of difficulty figuring out my body type and how much I should be taking in daily. My mother’s side is endomorphic, and I’m not quite sure what my dad’s side is - no one in his family ever got quite enough food to eat, so he was very skinny when he was young (still around 120 in his mid-30’s) but he was never tall, either.

I don’t have long limbs or fingers, but they don’t taper like an endomorph either. I have medium-sized limbs as a whole, but I don’t seem to have a particular propensity for putting on muscle or fat either. I can eat carbs without putting on fat (I was veg for 9 months on a diet that was 65-75% grains) but I have a tendency towards water retention and I do gain weight (around this time last year I was ten to twenty pounds heavier than I am now, mostly fat - some of the skin still hasn’t shrunken back and it looks weird.)

It just doesn’t seem like I quite fit into any of the three categories (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph.) Could anyone help me figure this out? Then I can play with my diet some more and hopefully make it more effective for me - thanks.

Don’t worry about all the planning, just start eating. I still don’t really know what my body type is nor does it matter. The best thing you can do is just eat clean and a lot if it. Then you can tweak shit as you start to progress and see what foods do and do not work for you.

lol prob a mixture

[quote]blue_star_cadet wrote:
It just doesn’t seem like I quite fit into any of the three categories (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph.) Could anyone help me figure this out? Then I can play with my diet some more and hopefully make it more effective for me - thanks.[/quote]

Which is why trying to figure out what stupid label to apply to yourself is pointless.

I have seen your other posts. The ONLY thing you need to be concerned with is eating enough to grow and training hard enough for that food to turn into muscle.

You tweak your diet based not on you are a ‘ectomorph’ or whatever, but whether you are making progress in the gym and gaining weight. That is all you need to know now.

If, a few months down the line, you have gained too much fat, then cut back on the carbs and add some cardio. If you arent gaining weight, you eat more. This is simple. DO NOT overcomplicate things.

But I understant him. He will gain a lot of time if he knows what body type he is to design is diet so he doesn’t have to wait to see if there are result and try different diets out to see wich one suits him the best.

[quote]Annihilator wrote:
But I understant him. He will gain a lot of time if he knows what body type he is to design is diet so he doesn’t have to wait to see if there are result and try different diets out to see wich one suits him the best.[/quote]

You’re kidding me, right?

He doesn’t need to do many different diets. He just eats what he does now, and makes changes depending on what progress he has made. How is that difficult to understand?

People are always trying to find some edge instead of just putting in the work and TIME to see how their body responds. Why would he make some diet tailored to a certain bodytype that he himself doesn’t know which one he belongs in?

If someone is small and scrawny… they EAT MORE. If after some months they add more fat than muscle, then they look at their diet and ADJUST by lowering the carbs or calories.

Why the fuck are people overcomplicating this with diagrams and special scientific names and bf calculators and extreme macronutrient ratios. Just fucking eat and lift. That is all.

I don’t even know anyone who actually built a lot of muscle who worried about what bodytype they are or exactly how many calories counted to the digit they should ingest, or whatever other stupid shit people fill their heads with because they can’t accept the fact that this is SIMPLE.

The ones who fret about every miniscule detail never got anywhere and ended up spinning their wheels in hopes of finding the ‘Perfect Bulk’.

[quote]Alquemist wrote:
blue_star_cadet wrote:
It just doesn’t seem like I quite fit into any of the three categories (endomorph, ectomorph, mesomorph.) Could anyone help me figure this out? Then I can play with my diet some more and hopefully make it more effective for me - thanks.

Which is why trying to figure out what stupid label to apply to yourself is pointless.

I have seen your other posts. The ONLY thing you need to be concerned with is eating enough to grow and training hard enough for that food to turn into muscle.

You tweak your diet based not on you are a ‘ectomorph’ or whatever, but whether you are making progress in the gym and gaining weight. That is all you need to know now.

If, a few months down the line, you have gained too much fat, then cut back on the carbs and add some cardio. If you arent gaining weight, you eat more. This is simple. DO NOT overcomplicate things.[/quote]

Agreed. Why waste your time with this when it’s easily visible you need to start learning the big three and using a routine incorporating real good exercise choices. What are your goals? This should be the question you ask yourself. Do you want to be a bodybuilder? Powerlifter? Athlete?

Now go watch every video on deadlifts, squats and bench pressing. Learn them, then do them intensly and correctly. Eat smart, carbs in the morning carbs before workout carbs after, then protein and fat for the rest of the day. Just a suggestion not set in stone, keyword here is “experiment”.

You’re a beginner, you’ll be seeing huge gains just by doing this alone. Now get to it, cause I got a leg session I’m going to right now.

[quote]Annihilator wrote:
But I understant him. He will gain a lot of time if he knows what body type he is to design is diet so he doesn’t have to wait to see if there are result and try different diets out to see wich one suits him the best.[/quote]

shut up troll.

Again with the planning? Come on dude, are you listening to what was said in your other threads? LIFT EAT SLEEP.

[quote]Makavali wrote:
Again with the planning? Come on dude, are you listening to what was said in your other threads? LIFT EAT SLEEP.[/quote]

It’s compulsive in a weird way. I’m going to get back to my bottle of Lactaid.

blue we all mean well and trust me some of us did alot of useless stuff or overanalyzing when we first started. Were saving you some time by telling you how it is. Let me just give you some words for thought.

You as you are right now have nothing! Mentally or physically to lose, but everything in terms of knowledge, strength and size to gain.

No more surfing for the perfect this or that cause in real life nothing is truly perfect. Your body is to complex and forever adapting now go put it through some challenges every week and beat them the following week with more weight or reps or intensity.

For instance I had a problem of not using my hips enough to power through my squats but today I added 30 lbs to my squat today why, because I practiced and practiced powering more with my hips and was determined to get it right.

Now just go get your little ipod throw on some heavy metal and beast it up.

ps Is that all you had today some lactaid? You need to start eating like a man if you want to look like a man.

[quote]Carlitosway wrote:
blue we all mean well and trust me some of us did alot of useless stuff or overanalyzing when we first started. Were saving you some time by telling you how it is. Let me just give you some words for thought.

You as you are right now have nothing! Mentally or physically to lose, but everything in terms of knowledge, strength and size to gain.

No more surfing for the perfect this or that cause in real life nothing is truly perfect. Your body is to complex and forever adapting now go put it through some challenges every week and beat them the following week with more weight or reps or intensity.

For instance I had a problem of not using my hips enough to power through my squats but today I added 30 lbs to my squat today why, because I practiced and practiced powering more with my hips and was determined to get it right.

ps Is that all you had today some lactaid? You need to start eating like a man if you want to look like a man.[/quote]

All of you guys are right - I need to stop overanalyzing irrelevant shit. I’m going to stop obsessing over these things and tear down all this shit I’ve built around my head.

I am eating more than Lactaid - today was 3 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal w/ blueberries, walnuts, coconut milk, 6-7 oz of turkey, 2 sweet potatoes, 3 chicken thighs and the better part of a half gallon of Lactaid. Probably need to up it.

quit reading

for about 5 years

[quote]blue_star_cadet wrote:
Carlitosway wrote:
blue we all mean well and trust me some of us did alot of useless stuff or overanalyzing when we first started. Were saving you some time by telling you how it is.

Let me just give you some words for thought. You as you are right now have nothing! Mentally or physically to lose, but everything in terms of knowledge, strength and size to gain.

For instance I had a problem of not using my hips enough to power through my squats but today I added 30 lbs to my squat today why, because I practiced and practiced powering more with my hips and was determined to get it right

ps Is that all you had today some lactaid? You need to start eating like a man if you want to look like a man.

All of you guys are right - I need to stop overanalyzing irrelevant shit. I’m going to stop obsessing over these things and tear down all this shit I’ve built around my head.

I am eating more than Lactaid - today was 3 eggs, 1 cup oatmeal w/ blueberries, walnuts, coconut milk, 6-7 oz of turkey, 2 sweet potatoes, 3 chicken thighs and the better part of a half gallon of Lactaid. Probably need to up it.[/quote]

I honestly would ditch the lactaid and maybe drink more water in place and add some sort of shake with heavy whipping cream, olive oil and some casein protein/whey protein mix. I say this because that milk might screw with your insulin output, maybe drink it only around work out time like hour before if you have to.

Again if you find yourself adding an absurd amount of fat most likely that milk would be the culprit. You need some more saturated fat like ground beef if on a budget, pepperoni, heavy whipping cream, coconut oil. Also add some almonds and natural peanutbutter for extra cals. Every thing else looks pretty good.

Except for the oats, some people have a mild allergic reaction, like I get a sick feeling if I eat oats, get all groggy as shit. So I just eat sweet potatoes and brown rice and drink fruit juice for carbs.

Oh cottage cheese with peanut butter is also real good for a night snack. Good luck on your goals. Only time you should be on this site is if your eating something or you got “real” problems with training or diet.

shut up and lift.

Looks like the deadlifts and cheeseburgers bodytype. get going.

Fella, you need to lift some heavy weight.

You are trying to figure out your body type and you haven’t even worked your body. If you pay attention to this site then you will know that you might not know what type of body type you are until you hit a sticking point.

Now if you are tall and skinny you have an easy guess at body type. You are not tall and skinny.

Cut down on your carbs and get rid of any soy products.

Not to be unkind but you are developing moobs.

Try getting some Rez-V in as it is an anti-estrogen and will help with diminishing the moobs with your good diet and lifting.

focus on at LEAST 1g of Protein for each 1lbs of body weight. Don’t even worry about lean body mass right now.

You can keep your carbs but keep them on the lower end. Have your simple carbs in the morning or PWO. Sweet potatoes are your friend. Get rid of the white rice and go for brown rice.

Fibrous green veggies are good.

Pineapple or an orange is great PWO.

I would advise you to get some Flameout as it is great for inflammation and you are going to be sore once you step up your game.

Use this link to figure out your daily caloric needs, bump it up by 250 cals a day to have a caloric surplus to feed your muscles. If you are losing weight then up your cals.
http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/calories-burned

You can do it. You need to use some intensity and planning.

What you don’t need right now is needless anaylyzing.

Come back in 3 months after some work and then detail your progess and THEN we can tailor it to a specific body type.

[quote]Stronghold wrote:
Looks like the deadlifts and cheeseburgers bodytype. get going.[/quote]

You need to post more.

this was win.

Are there any other types?

Forget about what body type you are, don�??t try and get to technical with things, its pointless you are just starting out. You should just worry about doing basic lifts and doing them right.

Eat as much as you can and although a good diet is important your young so you can eat pretty much what ever you want without to much worry just eat a lot of it.

If you start putting on to much fat just up your training, and don�??t even think about dieting. Remember your not a top level athlete keep it simple dude and good luck

No but seriously. I’ve read some Thib’s articles and he explained that some body types respond the best to different diets, if it is high carb or low carb, not complicated things.

Knowing what kind of diet suits you the best can’t be bad, even if I agree that you must not overcomplicate things and spend more time planning your diet than lifting weight.