Difficulties with Leangains

not sure about your rep scheme on “other” days… 3x4?

LOL… sorry blade… work is pretty busy and every time I see “leangains” my brain automatically thinks cutting since that’s what most people seem to use it for.

My point about stress still holds. Even if you’re getting the food you need, sleep is an important factor for stress reduction. Perhaps you should consider decreasing your fasting window by a couple hours, see if that makes a difference. On the other hand, if you’re like me, spending too much time at a desk, you may just need to move more during the day.

Good point too about dietary fats. Lyle McDonald has said that carbs are typically not stored as fat, but one of the exceptions was if you’re not getting enough fat in your diet. I think he said 15-20% of your intake, but keep in mind that’s for people in a calorie deficit. Grams will vary based on your maintenance amount.

eightohfive,
What’s wrong with 3x4?
(it is periodized. sometimes it’s 4x7, sometimes 5x3,… on this program I’m doing undulating periodization)

ds,
OK. Perhaps I should have casein shakes sometimes during the fasting window to stave off muscle loss?

I’ll also start taking that phospho… supplement for anti-cortisol more regularly.