Different Workout Types?

[quote]browndisaster wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]T3hPwnisher wrote:

[quote]gregron wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:
not end up too chunky like mose powerlifters ( no offence , their strength is still mindblowing ) [/quote]

Most powerlifters are chunky?[/quote]
Why you so chunky brah?[/quote]

I just can’t understand the incentive for someone in a weight class based sport to carry around a whole bunch of extra fat. Maybe in the SHW class, where there is no weight limit.
[/quote

Well according to Mehdi , the heavier u are , the easier it is to lift . with squats being the exclusion . And considering that muscle is more difficult to gain than fat , maybe that extra fat was a last minute addition ? just providing a suggestion here . [/quote]
being heavier helps the bench and squat. Most people deadlift better actually during a cut.

also you really aren’t eating enough if you’re 140 at that height[/quote]

dude , honestly ! iam not going to explain myself and my diet and my cardio problems .

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:
Okay , well u say that the basics will have to be the same right ? well , compare this . Person A and B are both aiming for abs . A does a ton of isolation excercised but no crunches or sit ups . B does all compound , lets say SL 5X5 . Following this way , isnt A on the wrong workout ? considering the goal to be to get abs [/quote]

The routine they are using will have little, if any, impact on the visibility of their abs. [/quote]

Exactly ! so in this case the workout does matter !

[quote]Severiano wrote:
Why don’t you do the Crossfits?[/quote]

well i dont know too much about it . nobody really suggested that to me before . plus it seems to have a lot of controveresy ? i guess . nobody really pointed me to crossfit before

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

Its perfectly alright , everyone else on the Beginner thread said that it was alright . Just because someone doesnt have a physique of a 170 pound man doesnt mean that hes not eating the required amount . Ever considered that i might just be eating the correct amount but still have a surpless of calorie usage ? iam sure u didnt consider that.[/quote]

If you have been eating the same way for months, and you aren’t 170 lbs, you by definition aren’t eating the ‘required amount’ is. There is no ‘170 lbs man’ caloric intake. If you still have a surplus of calorie usage, you are NOT eating the correct amount lol. Have you been upping your calories until you’re gaining steadily?

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:
not end up too chunky like mose powerlifters ( no offence , their strength is still mindblowing ) [/quote]

well i guess thats not the right word . broad maybe ? well , what i mean is they dont have much of a v-taper in comparison to most other athletes . and they just have that overall box shape , if u get what i mean . that lack of definition is clearly present [/quote]

How many powerlifting meets have you been to?

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

well i guess thats not the right word . broad maybe ? well , what i mean is they dont have much of a v-taper in comparison to most other athletes . and they just have that overall box shape , if u get what i mean . that lack of definition is clearly present [/quote]

How many powerlifting meets have you been to?
[/quote]

not meets but i’ve seen photos and videos and stuff . Take mehdi for example → box

I would say your experience with powerlifitng is far too limited to be able to make any claims about what powerlifters do and do not look like.

I had a look at your other forum posts as well. You can consider my 2 cents, or not, it’s up to you. I’m not going to debate you. You can find enough information online to get educated about the points I’m about to make. Up to you whether you’re going to consider any of it or just discard what I’ll have to say before you’ve really thought things through.

You’re young and just had your growth spurt. Hormone-wise you should be in a pretty good environment for muscle growth and fat loss. However you’re NOT because: a) too much cardio (I know you can’t do less of that and unfortunately it’s a great way towards gender reassignment) and b) a diet very high in carbs. The thing you haven’t tried yet is make the switch to a ketogenic diet. This means dropping just about all the carbs and significantly increase your intake in protein and fat. This would amount to eating an fuckload of meat, eggs, butter/ ghee, etc., while eliminating things like potatoes and rice. It could take as much as 8 weeks for your metabolism to switch from carbs to keto and you might feel less energetic during that time so take that into account.

You do not require carbs for endurance cardio or weight lifting. The only time you need to add carbs is during intense metabolic conditioning (like crossfit, wrestling, etc.). Cricket, swimming and weightlifting does not fit that profile. And in your case the high carb diet is not doing you justice.
Being very skinny with a little bellyfat while eating high carb and doing a bunch of cardio all points to the same thing. Your current metabolism is out of whack and you’re actually a bit malnourished. Cortisol (all the cardio), insulin (all the carbs, for years) and sex hormone levels (cardio & carbs) are probably all fucked up.

You should worry about your general health before worrying about your abs. Switching to a ketogenic diet will actually help your performance (both with weight training and cardio).

OP I suggest you ignore the basics of eating more and lifting consistently and instead focus solely on what other people do and the lack of taper of elite level powerlifters. Make lots of excuses because people love hearing them and will empathize with you. Go on a highly elaborate and expensive diet, be sure to load up on soy.

You’re 140 now, but I think when you hit 150 you should cut back down to 140. Do this 5 times and you’ll have abs and a V-taper. Finally, if the situation isn’t optimal then you’re better off just doing nothing. There is no reason to waste time working out unless it’s perfect. Just remember, “Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.”

[quote]CroatianRage wrote:
OP I suggest you ignore the basics of eating more and lifting consistently and instead focus solely on what other people do and the lack of taper of elite level powerlifters. Make lots of excuses because people love hearing them and will empathize with you. Go on a highly elaborate and expensive diet, be sure to load up on soy.

You’re 140 now, but I think when you hit 150 you should cut back down to 140. Do this 5 times and you’ll have abs and a V-taper. Finally, if the situation isn’t optimal then you’re better off just doing nothing. There is no reason to waste time working out unless it’s perfect. Just remember, “Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.”[/quote]

Be careful. He’ll totally take this seriously.

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]BlueCollarTr8n wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:
Okay , well u say that the basics will have to be the same right ? well , compare this . Person A and B are both aiming for abs . A does a ton of isolation excercised but no crunches or sit ups . B does all compound , lets say SL 5X5 . Following this way , isnt A on the wrong workout ? considering the goal to be to get abs [/quote]

The routine they are using will have little, if any, impact on the visibility of their abs. [/quote]

Exactly ! so in this case the workout does matter ! [/quote]

I don’t think you understood what he said.

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

Well according to Mehdi , the heavier u are , the easier it is to lift . with squats being the exclusion . And considering that muscle is more difficult to gain than fat , maybe that extra fat was a last minute addition ? just providing a suggestion here . [/quote]

Also, to expand on this (pun partially intended), the rate of strength developed from fat gain isn’t going to match with the amount of weight gained in most cases, which, again, in a weight classed based sport, is bad. You will not perform well in your weight class if you are carrying around a whole bunch of unnecessary fat compared to guys that are not doing so.

In general, I would not listen to Mehdi’s advice when it comes to matters of becoming big or strong, as he is neither.

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

Also, to expand on this (pun partially intended), the rate of strength developed from fat gain isn’t going to match with the amount of weight gained in most cases, which, again, in a weight classed based sport, is bad. You will not perform well in your weight class if you are carrying around a whole bunch of unnecessary fat compared to guys that are not doing so.

In general, I would not listen to Mehdi’s advice when it comes to matters of becoming big or strong, as he is neither.[/quote]

urghhh right :-/ really messed up on that note . the last bit that is . cuz it is his program iam following and he does keep sending emails on a daily basis .

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

You’re 140 now, but I think when you hit 150 you should cut back down to 140. Do this 5 times and you’ll have abs and a V-taper. Finally, if the situation isn’t optimal then you’re better off just doing nothing. There is no reason to waste time working out unless it’s perfect. Just remember, “Practice does not make perfect; perfect practice makes perfect.”[/quote]

Be careful. He’ll totally take this seriously.[/quote]

wasnt this meant to be taken seriously ?

[quote]grippit wrote:
I had a look at your other forum posts as well. You can consider my 2 cents, or not, it’s up to you. I’m not going to debate you. You can find enough information online to get educated about the points I’m about to make. Up to you whether you’re going to consider any of it or just discard what I’ll have to say before you’ve really thought things through.

You’re young and just had your growth spurt. Hormone-wise you should be in a pretty good environment for muscle growth and fat loss. However you’re NOT because: a) too much cardio (I know you can’t do less of that and unfortunately it’s a great way towards gender reassignment) and b) a diet very high in carbs. The thing you haven’t tried yet is make the switch to a ketogenic diet. This means dropping just about all the carbs and significantly increase your intake in protein and fat. This would amount to eating an fuckload of meat, eggs, butter/ ghee, etc., while eliminating things like potatoes and rice. It could take as much as 8 weeks for your metabolism to switch from carbs to keto and you might feel less energetic during that time so take that into account.

You do not require carbs for endurance cardio or weight lifting. The only time you need to add carbs is during intense metabolic conditioning (like crossfit, wrestling, etc.). Cricket, swimming and weightlifting does not fit that profile. And in your case the high carb diet is not doing you justice.
Being very skinny with a little bellyfat while eating high carb and doing a bunch of cardio all points to the same thing. Your current metabolism is out of whack and you’re actually a bit malnourished. Cortisol (all the cardio), insulin (all the carbs, for years) and sex hormone levels (cardio & carbs) are probably all fucked up.

You should worry about your general health before worrying about your abs. Switching to a ketogenic diet will actually help your performance (both with weight training and cardio).[/quote]

okay i shall try to gradually make the change . but i wont be able to make a complete 100% shift as rice is our staple food . but i shall keep it in my mind . But what exactly is the target of doing this ? to be gaining more weight ?

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

In general, I would not listen to Mehdi’s advice when it comes to matters of becoming big or strong, as he is neither.[/quote]

urghhh right :-/ really messed up on that note . the last bit that is . cuz it is his program iam following and he does keep sending emails on a daily basis .
[/quote]

It sounds like you are following the program of thr person who speaks the loudest, rather than whose results speak the loudest.

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]grippit wrote:
I had a look at your other forum posts …

You should worry about your general health before worrying about your abs. Switching to a ketogenic diet will actually help your performance (both with weight training and cardio).[/quote]

okay i shall try to gradually make the change . but i wont be able to make a complete 100% shift as rice is our staple food . but i shall keep it in my mind . But what exactly is the target of doing this ? to be gaining more weight ?
[/quote]

A gradual shift won’t work and rice should not be a staple for this. It should be possible for you to make butter/ ghee, coconut oil and eggs/ meat your staple. Energy should come from fat. You can reintroduce modest amounts of carbs into your diet after you’ve gained more muscle.

The purpose of this diet would be to get you more insulin sensitive so your muscles would actually respond to growth triggers (high tension), your belly fat cells would actually be “willing” to release their fatty acids and your sex hormone levels would improve (because of higher cholesterol intake and normalized metabolism).

You can’t really consider a keto diet or form a well thought out opinion just by reading my forum post. Educate yourself first; you have access to the internet.
I won’t be responding to kneejerk questions that you can easily answer yourself by doing some homework. I prefer to spend my time differently.

Good luck

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[/quote]

It sounds like you are following the program of thr person who speaks the loudest, rather than whose results speak the loudest.[/quote]

well i dunno about that . iam just following the program that everyone pointed me to .

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

well i dunno about that . iam just following the program that everyone pointed me to . [/quote]

That is my point. You are simply following whatever has the most volume of noise, rather than the greatest amount of success. You aren’t doing your own thinking, instead just saying “Well Mehdi said this” or “Everyone else told me this”.

I do not know why you would trust your success in the hands of others rather than in your own. No one is going to have more vested interest in your success than you.

[quote]siddhu_r wrote:

[quote]The Anchor wrote:

Be careful. He’ll totally take this seriously.[/quote]

wasnt this meant to be taken seriously ? [/quote]

Now I’m 99.9% sure you are trolling.