Different ways to take creatine?

RichM I wasnt responding to your post. I know you were kidding. I was responding to the post befor yours where the guy called me “Dude”.

I’ve used Phospagen HP and Phosphage XT. HP gave me a bit of a head rush when I would drink it. XT was good but had a bit of a bad after taste.

I sprinkle the powder into my oatmeal sometimes. Wait, we were talking about creatine, right?

You can take it in a box,
You can take it with a fox.
You can take it from a can,
Just listen to old uncle Dan.
You can cycle, you can stack
There’s no threat of kidney-attack
Just watch Exploitation-Black
Like “Dolomite” and “The Mack”.
They’ve got powders, they’ve got pills
But they just need to pay the bills
Get the stuff that is so cheap
(Listen to Radiohead sing “Creep”)
Buy some “Surge” and together mix them
Talk like Yoda, don’t I, Vixens?
During your work-out, sip, don’t gulp it
Teddy Rosevelt said: “This is a Bully Pulpit!”
When your workout you are done with
That’s when you drink whatever’s left.
This is how you take your 'tine
That’s all I got to say. Know-what-I-mean?

Dan “Dr. Seuss” McVicker

Dan “I’m high as a giraffe’s ass” McVicker.

Drugs can kill you.
That which does not kill you makes you stronger.
Therefore, I am the STRONGEST MAN ALIVE.

Dan “The Vulcan” McVicker

PGA do me a favor and do some reading. As p-dog said this question is asked once a week. How about you try for just five minutes of your life and search for the answer. You’ll find everything you’re looking for about creatine,… what’s good, what’s not, how to take it, and people’s reactions to it.

As for dude, what do you want me to call you, sir?

This site is a great place just don’t become an asshole and catch up on some reading. Welcome to t-mag.

Dan, that was fucking funny.

I’m not asking which ones people take, what works and what doesn’t. I’m just asking a question of how people have taken it. Sure some of the posts were humerous but I never knew that if you put creatine in a cup of warm liquid it dissolves faster. There is a wealth of information on this site and sometimes you can miss stuff. I’m not trying to be an asshole by any means.

Then ill help you out. Warm water works so how about tea? Mix it with tea and sugar. 1:1 ratio with the sugar. Water at 100 Degrees. You can also take it with your surge. Those are the two most effective ways.

PGA,

Yeah it dissolves faster if the water’s warmer–just stands to reason. Think about hot tea vs cold tea and sugar (or sugar-substitute). Which one mixes more easily?

There are three things that I know of that improve a powder’s dissolution in water:

1. Heat the water.
  2. Stir/Shake the solution
  3. I can’t think of the third one, even though I’m pretty sure there is a third way to increase solubility. It’s probably something stupid like “add more water”.

So I guess there are two things I know of that improve solubility.

The reason that the two things that I’ve mentioned work is because they bring more of the water molecules in contact with more of the solute. In the case of mixing/stirring/shaking, you’re physically shaking them around. By using warmer water, each of the molecules are more “active” and they bounce around more, and therefore come into contact with more of the solute.

Some of the original studies of creatine were done by dissolving creatine into tea.

Dan “The Chemist” McVicker