Different Sized Pecs

It’s been like this for a few years–though I’ve only been training for a few months. My left pec is well developed while my right is quite smaller.

My right side is dominant and I believe it is stronger. So this makes no sense, but another of my friend’s has the same problem.

What causes this?

What is the best way to fix this and make for a better symetric body?

Thanks.

My right side is dominant and I believe it is stronger. So this makes no sense, but another of my friend’s has the same problem.

I have the same problem, my right arm is stronger and the left arm is bigger.

do dbell presses with more weight on the weaker side

Db presses for sure/Im thinking of it like this. That dominant side is stronger and more neurally effecient. SO your BB pressing etc. the weak side your hitting More of the muscle fiberts having to tax it more SO causing more hypertrophy Where as the stronger side is being held back by that weaker side.

So the recomendation of getting that weak side up to the same strength is the best idea for the long term. That way they will both being putting out the same relative effort and being taxed near the same. so same growth potential.

Thats my guess anyhow,
Phill

Your body is probably not fully symmetrical, with the right side have an advantage on leverages, so a smaller muscle can lift a heavier weight.

Anyway, what is your goal? Do you want to look symmetrical, or do you want the strength to be the same right & left?

If you’ve only been training for a few months, I don’t think you should be worrying about symmetry yet. Put some decent muscle on first and then see if the difference is noticeable.

Eventually I would like to be symmetrical. It’s just been bugging me for a few years.

The strength isn’t too different between the two 50v55 on incline DB press.

Should I not be concerned about this just yet? Re: Not worrying about doing an extra set on the left side–which would probably widen the size gap.

My pecs are different as well. Something that helped me a lot was just posing in the mirror but flexing one side harder/longer than the other side.

[quote]mastermoore wrote:
Eventually I would like to be symmetrical. It’s just been bugging me for a few years.

The strength isn’t too different between the two 50v55 on incline DB press.

Should I not be concerned about this just yet? Re: Not worrying about doing an extra set on the left side–which would probably widen the size gap.

[/quote]

The differences in muscle size seem huge when you are skinny and just starting out. Once you add quality muscle mass, it’s doubtful that there will be huge differences in muscle size. If there is, then it’s time to start trying to balance things out, but I don’t think you have much to worry about now, unless you look like Tracy Telligman from the UFC.

I suppose I’ll wait it out and use DBs more than BB.

My problem is nothing compared to Tracy–WTF happened to him?

www.sherdog.com/news/picture_popup.asp?pic_id=16261&f_id=157

[quote]mastermoore wrote:
I suppose I’ll wait it out and use DBs more than BB.

My problem is nothing compared to Tracy–WTF happened to him?

www.sherdog.com/news/picture_popup.asp?pic_id=16261&f_id=157

[/quote]

Man that guy’s a handicapp. I’m sure he had to remove that side otherwise that shit can’t happen naturally. Anyway, I have the same problem man. I have slightly bigger right chest and you kinda notice it. I found out it’s because I used smith machine for bench press. When you’re on smith you use your right arm 70%. So I moved on to free weight 100%.

Same here, I am a right hander and my left pec is noticably bigger than my right. I’ve been working out for a while now and I use only free weight. Both of my arms/pecs have close to equal (if not equal) strengh and there are no gain just in the right pec. They both grow at the same time.

I really can’t think of anything but just wait and see if they will eventually meets.

GB