T Nation

Different Schedules Very Often?

First I want to apologize for my bad english, I am not from a english-speaking country.

I will try to make any sense of my question:

Ok, there is a bunch of training programs out there, many of them make much sense and looks like fun and effective.

The most important thing to gain muscle(talking only about the training now) is to just get to the gym and lift the heavy weight, right?

Do you people thing you could have different kind of training days very often?

I mean:

Training1: One day a lift program
Training2: Singles club program
Training3: Optimized Volume Training

Something like that, using the principle of each training program for each day.

Anyway, I think it would be extremly fun to workout like that, but would it be bad for muscle gain?

Hope you understand me…

Hey Zozza,

What country are you from? I think this may be a question better answered by one of the coaches on here, but I may be of SOME direction.

I think what you’re trying to do is benefit from several different types of training that you like. I’m not sure if combining THOSE programs would be effective, but check out Chad Waterbury’s Total Triple Training article. There he combines Near Max Effort training, Dynamic Training, and Muscular Endurance Training into one program that seems to have great results

Also check out Westside Barbell’s training. They’ve been combing Maximum Effort and Dynamic Effort for as long as I’ve been reading this website.

Hope I helped,

Kyle

Zozza,

I can not speak about combining those particular programs either. However, you should also take a look at Chad Waterbury’s TBT (Total Body Training). This is a program that works your entire body each workout using different parameters, training different strength qualities. So there is a lot of variety to it and you don’t burn out training your entire body three times a week.

Hope that helps,

Crowbar