T Nation

Different Pathways to E Control

As it relate to Rez-V, I’m looking for some input on the respective merit and downside of what I understand to be the two alternative pathways to controlling E with supplementation–(i) Aromatase Binding, and (ii) E Blocking.

Generally speaking, I’ve always perceived Aromatase Binding (using supplements like 6-OXO that are touted to have this effect(irrespective, for the moment, of whether such supplements really work) to be preferable in that the pathway of binding Aromatase supposedly prevents aromatase from interacting at all with T or any of its substrates.

Whereas E Blocking, as I understand it, involves occupying E receptors in cells of import BUT, as I further understand it, usually imparting an effect that is at least mildly estrogenic, perhaps even estrogenic enough for a male to offset the additional virility that might otherwise result from blocking real E.

On the other hand, do Aromatase Binders also tend to bind desirable enzymes that otherwise would catalyze the conversion of substrates into T and/or bind other “desirable” enzymes that otherwise would catalyze the reduction of T into even more androgenic/anabolic derivatives like DHT? Or, is the affinity of Aromatase Binders typically restricted to only the Aromatase enzyme, thus leaving the desirable enzymes free to catalyze the conversion of substrates into T or into T derivatives?

Finally, does the supposed promotion of continued blood vessel elasticity from Rez-V make it a superior product, even though its a mildly estrogenic E Blocker as opposed to being an Aromatase Binder?

Thanks