Different Cardio for Different People?

i know ppl respond differently to diet and lifting programs.the old “not everything works for everyone” advice.
does the same hold true for cardio?
most ppl say to do tabata or hiit or some kind of sprinting.are their some ppl who lose fat and retain muscle better on a slower,longer type cardio?

[quote]havoc501 wrote:
i know ppl respond differently to diet and lifting programs.the old “not everything works for everyone” advice.
does the same hold true for cardio?
most ppl say to do tabata or hiit or some kind of sprinting.are their some ppl who lose fat and retain muscle better on a slower,longer type cardio?[/quote]

You do have to pretty much find what works for you. Many bodybuilders do low intensity cardio for longer periods. They do that to preserve muscle mass when dieting…which is the goal. The one thing that will harm your mass gains more than anything is long duration high intensity cardio. I think it is wise to instigate fat loss through diet alone before cardio is even thrown in. Then, gradually increase the amounts of cardio over time so that your metabolism doesn’t adjust quickly to the exercise you are doing and decrease your metabolism faster than you increase energy output.

Morning walks does the trick for me,as does sprinting.

thanks guys for your comments.
i’m an ex fighter trying to get back on the horse again.
my main goal is losing alot of fat.
i want to 3 things in my training,strength training,cardio,and muaythai.
fighting,at least getting back to fighting weight is my main goal.
currently i’m 3 nights aweek of muaythai.
i want to do 2 days of strength training,to maintain what i have or maybe add a lil.
and i want cardio for fat burning.
my muaythai training will be working alot of high intensity training,which includes tabata style bag work.i didn’t want to do that and high intensity cardio.and when i do this style of bag work along with my other muaythai training,i don’t seem to lose fat but i do get more fit.

prof. are u an x-men fan,or do u just like the name?

[quote]havoc501 wrote:

prof. are u an x-men fan,or do u just like the name?[/quote]

It was a real nickname I had in college. I just used it when I first logged on to an internet chat room and it stuck.