Different Arm Length

This is a bit difficult to say without sounding like a complete idiot so I’ll get right to the point. Recently I’ve discovered my right arm is almost an inch longer than my left arm. Well, my forearm is anyways.

Aesthetically, I really don’t mind as it is nearly unnoticeable. I have to tell people it’s uneven for them to see and from it I have received much taunting and ridicule. Despite this minor setback, I have continued to workout out dilligently, reaching new personal bests just last week, but recently as I’ve been lifting heavier weights, I am actually having difficulty maintaining balance, especially in exercises such as deadlifts and pullups.

I’ve also been getting a fair amount of hip pain from exercises like deadlifts as I unconciously try to correct myself when my right side feels lower than my left. Luckily the pain is nothing I can’t work through, but the thing is the left side of my body seems much more defined than my right and I’m a bit scared of throwing out my back or something if I lift longer.

I was wondering what I should do. I don’t want to injure myself, but I don’t want to stay at low weights forever. Now that I’ve discovered how to lift properly I actually find lifting fun. I’ve even contemplated breaking my arm again simply to have it level…

I will probably go see a doctor about this, but I was wondering if I could get any advice on my situation. Sorry, but I really don’t know what I’m asking. I guess I’m more distraught over my newfound anomaly more than anything.

Unilateral exercises. Single Leg deadlift, Suitcase deadlift, Farmer’s Walk, Dumbell bench press, etc etc. Plenty to do.

Where are you measuring from? If I measure from the inside of the elbow to the inside of the wrist, mine are the same way as yours. If I measure from the tip of the elbow to the knot on the wrist, they are the same.

[quote]JohnnyNinja wrote:
Unilateral exercises. Single Leg deadlift, Suitcase deadlift, Farmer’s Walk, Dumbell bench press, etc etc. Plenty to do.[/quote]

x2

single leg stuff is great for; well, everything.

box step ups are fun too.

as far as your arm length goes; everyones is off a bit. i notice it in myself when i bench…you’ll be fine.

try not to ‘work through’ that much pain for it can only cause MORE pain.