Differences Between Front Squat vs Back Squat?

You didn’t read the book, did you

exactly. which is why i find it weird that people are quoting the bbb challenge article to make statements about the bbb program.

1 Like

Regardless of what the book says, the article likely has far more exposure, and is still contributing to the overall “don’t fuck with the program” discourse around the topic.

2 Likes

Agreed, but people often misinterpret what “fucking with the program” means.

Doing FSL 5x5 + BBB is fucking with the program. Doing 12 assistance exercises is fucking with the program, and so is doing 5 pro’s, then a pr set, then jokers.

But, if you feel like an exercise isn’t aligned with your goals, say you’d rather not bench, and choose to do an equivalent exercise, say an incline bench, instead, how’s this fucking with the program? Jim designed the program the way he did because his sport required he trained those exercises, and because those are the ones that worked for his athletes and a big chunk of the general population.

But outside of that, those specific exercises have nothing special outside of having been proven to work. Does that mean other exercises cannot work? Of course not.

3 Likes

Dude, you have gained so much training knowledge and maturity since you started posting on here. You’re a human sponge, lol. Just thought I’d let you know. Your posts are always insightful these days.

4 Likes

much appreciated!

No, I’ve only used the free resources like the articles and his Q&As/FAQs

It is and it isn’t. The exercise choice is part of the program, so swapping them is “fucking with the program” strictly. It’s unfortunate that it’s not necessarily communicated in some articles that this isn’t the case

1 Like

John Meadows free workout program would have you believe you need 16 scoops of plazma funneled directly into your asshole every 15 minutes for it to work, but do you think that’s the case?

Nobody with half a brain in this industry is going to give you the full picture in a free article when they’ve written literal books on the subject.

2 Likes

Sorry man I didn’t want to sound like I was complaining about it. I understand why writing is like this, I’m just commentating

1 Like

Don’t apologize, maybe my post sounded aggressive but it was tongue in cheek, as evidenced by the image of John Meadows butt-chugging preworkout. 0 problem with what you posted, more a blunt explanation.

1 Like

Idk about you but to me that sounds terrifying :joy:

1 Like