Difference in Flat & Incline Bench

My incline bench is behind my decline and flat bench by 2-3 reps.

Should I work on my incline until I can lift the same amount of reps as my decline and flat bench press? (the weight used in all of this is the same)…

For me, and I think most people,

decline > flat > incline

likely forever…

LA

They shouldn’t be the same. If they are the same, you would be muscles would be very poorly balanced.

So if I lift x pounds, with 8 reps for incline and 10 reps for decline and flat and I feel ready for it, should I start lifting about x+10 pounds with maybe 4 reps for incline about 6 reps for decline/flat and work my way up?

You would be one screwed up looking guy if they were the same. Don’t worry, it’s nothing like irregular or anything.

[quote]Gigaman.EXE wrote:
by 2-3 reps.

Should I work on my incline until I can lift the same amount of reps as my decline and flat bench press? (the weight used in all of this is the same)[/quote]

If you’re asking this question, stick to flats, with the occasional incline.

They are not the same movement and do not have the same range of motion, it stands to reason that your strength would not be the same. It is as it should be.

incline has the greatest range of motion and decline the least and flat usually falls in between, they are all differnt lifts.

i think you would be hardpressed to find someone who can incline more then they can decline

[quote]Gigaman.EXE wrote:
My incline bench is behind my decline and flat bench by 2-3 reps.

Should I work on my incline until I can lift the same amount of reps as my decline and flat bench press? (the weight used in all of this is the same)…[/quote]

If you want to increase your incline bench I would completely take out flat bench all together for 1 to 2 months and focus just on incline. Do incline BB bench and incline DB bench, I have people that I train do it and not only does it increase their incline but it also increases their flat bench as well.

And remember when doing incline you want the bar to hit right at your collar bone or an inch below, not around your nips. You will see better upper chest development the higher you bring the bar.