Difference Between Surge & ON Whey?

[quote]brand wrote:
Where to begin? The ingredients are not similar. The only similarity is that they both contain whey protein. Surge is intended for post workout (and pre/during workout depending on the advice you follow ). Surge contains high glycemic carbohydrates (d-glucose, maltodextrin). The whey in Surge is hydrolysate. This helps it to be digested quicker. It also contains added BCAA’s. ON whey is simply a whey protein powder. [/quote]

ON whey does have hydrolyzed whey.

[quote]Desideratus15 wrote:
ON whey does have hydrolyzed whey.
[/quote]

Not much:
Protein blend (whey protein isolate, whey protein concentrate, whey peptides)

Plus, Surge is designed as a peri-workout drink.

Also, read that article Dave Barr posted, it explains the difference between isolate and hydrolysed whey (whey hydrosylates).

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
Countrylasttime wrote:
if im wrong, explain why.
Because no one has yet beyond “omg it doesn’t taste or mix as well”

it is doubtful you will get a legit response. Surge is a good product. but there is no reason for them to say ON is trash, or at least they havent given a reason yet[/quote]

I don’t think ON is trash. It’s a decent whey product and can be used as such. It is not a decent PWO product regardless what you mix it with. Find me the studies and data that back up that it is. Post links.

You know this is a Biotest forum right, so don’t expect an unbiased answer. Why not try both and then decide which one you want?

i have no problem with people speaking out saying they love Biotest. it just seems to me that this could be done without a fanboy mentality that everything else sucks. maybe im reading too much into it.

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
i have no problem with people speaking out saying they love Biotest. it just seems to me that this could be done without a fanboy mentality that everything else sucks. maybe im reading too much into it. [/quote]

Most experienced people on here wouldn’t bash a product without justification. I personally do not say anything negative about a product I’ve never used or researched. There is a percentage of people on here who do have the “fanboy” attitude, but it’s relatively small.

[quote]elliot007 wrote:
i have no problem with people speaking out saying they love Biotest. it just seems to me that this could be done without a fanboy mentality that everything else sucks. maybe im reading too much into it. [/quote]

Some of ON’s stuff is good, but I’m not a fan of their protein supps since I started using Biotests’ protein supps a little over a year ago.