Difference Between Single-Ply and Multi-Ply

[quote]Big Bencher wrote:
Dixie. I’m glad that you posted that awesome video. It was both entertaining and inspirational.
The OP on the otherhand sucks big ones and is just causing shit.

PS How the heck do you keep your air when you rolled the bar?

BB[/quote]

Ouroboro beat me to it, the OP is solid, Vik is not.

Hold it really tight I guess? I’ve just recently in the past few weeks been playing around with rolling the bar into place before pulling and its helped me get into position better.

Why are you bragging that you can’t front squat 200 lbs?

Dixie, your speed off the floor is crazy. Damn impressive.

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:
My all-time best RAW, powerlifting-style squat was 385 pounds.

All-time best front squat (ATG, shoulder-width stance) was 315 pounds.

All-time best for RAW deadlift was 455 pounds.

And ummm… Did I mention all of this was done when I was seventeen years old? I’m nineteen right now and just got back to lifting after a TWO-YEAR period of ZERO lifting. And right now, I can’t even front squat 200 pounds (doing them ATG but WITH A PAUSE this time at the bottom.)

Nice try. You can’t bully me.

OHH!!! AND LET ME GUESS! YOU HAVE A 600 POUND DEADLIFT DON’T YOU? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHhhh!!!

AND WHAT? YOU’RE DOING IT WITH GEAR? AND WITH A SUMO-STANCE SO WIDE THAT THE BAR TRAVELS 5 INCHES TO LOCKOUT? CONGRATULATIONS! I’M IMPRESSED BY YOUR GRIP STRENGTH AND NOTHING ELSE.[/quote]

Why are you bragging about those lifts? And then ever more puzzling, why are you bragging about how you’ve gotten weaker since then? And even further, why are you acting like such a douche?

[quote]TRTblastcruise wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

And ummm… Did I mention all of this was done when I was seventeen years old? I’m nineteen right now and just got back to lifting after a TWO-YEAR period of ZERO lifting. And right now, I can’t even front squat 200 pounds (doing them ATG but WITH A PAUSE this time at the bottom.)

OHH!!! AND LET ME GUESS! YOU HAVE A 600 POUND DEADLIFT DON’T YOU? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHhhh!!!

AND WHAT? YOU’RE DOING IT WITH GEAR? AND WITH A SUMO-STANCE SO WIDE THAT THE BAR TRAVELS 5 INCHES TO LOCKOUT? CONGRATULATIONS! I’M IMPRESSED BY YOUR GRIP STRENGTH AND NOTHING ELSE.[/quote]

Why are you bragging about those lifts? And then ever more puzzling, why are you bragging about how you’ve gotten weaker since then? And even further, why are you acting like such a douche? [/quote]

He’s bragging because he can suck raw. He doesn’t need gear to do it. Sheeesh.

Come on guys, obvious troll is obvious.

Nice pull Dixie

NICE LIFTS BRO!!

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:
Raw = Best.

Single ply = Good.

Multi ply = For losers only.[/quote]

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

[quote]Irish Pride wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:

[quote]Irish Pride wrote:

[quote]ViKtoricus wrote:
Raw = Best.

Single ply = Good.

Multi ply = For losers only.[/quote]

Dude, Singe Ply now is better than multi ply of the past. If you want to be self-righteous about lifting rawz/single-ply, and criticize multi ply, then go ahead but no one gives two shits about what you think. Shut up.[/quote]

Yes they do. Geared lifting sucks.

Now go do your box squats above parallel with your squat briefs on. No one gives two shits about what you can lift in gear. Shut up.[/quote]

Dude. You convinced me. Im throwing away the briefs and going raw.

By the way, how strong are you?
[/quote]

I am 17 as well, RAW and those maxes made me laugh. You are talking about geared lifting sucking. This is funny. I agree geared lifting is cheating, but in some cases, its needed. Some people develop shoulder pains and hip pains where a suit is needed. BTW. 575 squat RAW ass to ankle. 385 bench pause, no boards. 600 Deadlift, no wraps, conventional deadlift. Ive trained 4 months, steroid free. So you have no room to talk. Did I mention I weight 198LBS. So please ramble on how you are superior, you know wtf you’re talking about. You don’t.

[quote]Cuner wrote:

I am 17 as well, RAW and those maxes made me laugh. You are talking about geared lifting sucking. This is funny. I agree geared lifting is cheating, but in some cases, its needed. Some people develop shoulder pains and hip pains where a suit is needed. BTW. 575 squat RAW ass to ankle. 385 bench pause, no boards. 600 Deadlift, no wraps, conventional deadlift. Ive trained 4 months, steroid free. So you have no room to talk. Did I mention I weight 198LBS. So please ramble on how you are superior, you know wtf you’re talking about. You don’t.
[/quote]
How about some vids for proof? What meet did you do those lifts in? The squat would be top 20 on powerliftingwatch, so it is quite suspect.

[quote]Ecchastang wrote:

[quote]Cuner wrote:

[/quote]
How about some vids for proof? What meet did you do those lifts in? The squat would be top 20 on powerliftingwatch, so it is quite suspect. [/quote]

A) this thread shouldn’t have been revived after 3+ years.

B) The squat is most certainly bullshit, and for that reason, I’m not inclined to believe the bench or deadlift either.

C) ‘The multiply is cheating’ argument is absurd. It’s a different fucking sport from raw powerlifting. deal with it.

D) Geared lifting is hard as shit on the body. Who told you it’s easier on the hips?