Difference Between Caseins

Sorry guys, but I’m a newbie. After reading about proteins on this site for days I get that I need a blend of whey and casein, but what is the difference between the different types of casein? I have seen micellar casein, calcium caseinate and casein hydrolysate…which one is best?

All of them are good.

Hydrolysate is allready partially broken down. So it breaks down quicker.

Caseinate is standard casein, its nice and slow and will do the job.

Micellar is more pricey and supposedly has some extra properties that make it good. Standard processing in the processing plant damage it. Making it expensive to produce.

Any of those would do you good i think. No point worrying about it.

Thanks. I am kinda OCD with some things and that was bothering me…lol.

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
Thanks. I am kinda OCD with some things and that was bothering me…lol. [/quote]

This article has some good info on micellar casein:
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=525024

Thanks, rykker.

Actually, that was the first thing I read about casein and I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what it was and how it worked… Then I went to GNC to get something comparable to Metabolic Drive while I waited on Biotest to ship my order. There I found the caseinate and the hydrolysate. I was going to ask the 95lb 12 year old they had at the register but he had that deer in the headlights look about him so I left.

[quote]Lady_J wrote:
I was going to ask the 95lb 12 year old they had at the register but he had that deer in the headlights look about him so I left. [/quote]

Smart Lady. :wink: