Difference Between 531 & 531 2nd Edition?

I have 531 and 531 for PL (e-books) what is different in the 531 2nd ed and is it worth getting? I have used 531 for two & a half years, so I guess I rate it.

There is a lot of new stuff actually.
Spend the 20 dollars(ebook).

There are some more templates outlined for what to do with your assistance work.

Groundbreaking stuff that will take you to the next level, guaranteed

If it has helped you out so far, why not invest. IMO, I build my own programs from the 5/3/1 because I found the Wendler was not working so I did a mix. Bill starr 5x5, Wendler 5/3/1, an my own mix of big3 every training.

Ok so I’ll get that one and add to the library!

Good information here. I’m looking to buy either 531 for powerlifting or the second edition (currently have the first edition and have been using it for 1.5 years). Does the second edition have information for including singles and structuring the workouts for powerlifting?

Thanks!

[quote]MrX wrote:
Good information here. I’m looking to buy either 531 for powerlifting or the second edition (currently have the first edition and have been using it for 1.5 years). Does the second edition have information for including singles and structuring the workouts for powerlifting?

Thanks![/quote]

No, not really. The Powerlifting edition is definitely your best option. Lots of specific powerlifting information in there.

Other than that, I would only recommend getting the “second edition” if you don’t already have the first(which you do). There’s not much difference between the two other than providing more options for assistance.

I have all 3 and in my opinion, if you’re a teamsport athlete or just want to stay in shape, get 2nd Edition. Best addition is a cool 3-day per week Full Body Training template which is laid out so it could be used for an entire year.
If your goals are powerlifting I’d get the 531 for PL book instead.

Hi all,

Just got my second edition today. It really has more info in there and like panzerfaust said the new 3 day program Jim added sure looks like a great 3 day split. 2 presses per week besides the dead lifting and squats.
Getting the second adition is just another training tool to add to your arsenal of training Information getting into awesome shape lol.
Anyways it is a great book.
Bryan