T Nation

Diferrent Way to Take BCAAs

I take 5g pre-workout, 5g during workout, 5g after, and then at other various times during the day.

I fear that the ones I take during workout aren’t getting digested that quickly. I have nothing to base this on, but considering the size and amount of the pills, I’m not sure how fast they get delivered into my system.

Would crushing them up into powder and having them with my Surge help speed up the process? (I have Surge pre-, during, and post-WO as well).

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
I take 5g pre-workout, 5g during workout, 5g after, and then at other various times during the day.

I fear that the ones I take during workout aren’t getting digested that quickly. I have nothing to base this on, but considering the size and amount of the pills, I’m not sure how fast they get delivered into my system.

Would crushing them up into powder and having them with my Surge help speed up the process? (I have Surge pre-, during, and post-WO as well).[/quote]

I thinkn you over worryi9ng drop one into a cup of water and see how fast it dissolves I imagine prettyy quick. If worried Id just chew the boogers.

Phill

You do realize there are BCAA’s in Surge? Do you really think you need that much additional pre, during, and post?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You do realize there are BCAA’s in Surge? Do you really think you need that much additional pre, during, and post?[/quote]

I’m currently taking 14-18g BCAA pre & post workout. People have questioned me and given me funny looks, especially when popping over 30 pills the size of suppositories.

It’s working well so far - I’m eating like a horse and I’m bigger all round then I’ve ever been.

I take 20-30 during my workout and that same number afterwards. BCAAs are the way to go, if leanness is your ultimate goal, IMO.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
You do realize there are BCAA’s in Surge? Do you really think you need that much additional pre, during, and post?[/quote]

Most, if not all of the coaches on this site recommend additional peri-WO BCAA supplementation on top of the BCAA dosage in Surge.

I think I’m going to crush them up during my WO with the surge, and if I feel weird I’ll stop. I’ll let you guys know if I have any positive/negative reactions.

-dizzle

I also take a shitload of BCAAs in the peri-workout period. I take them in addition to Surge and I’ve been able to maintain mass and recover really well while dieting.

I’m pretty sure the Biotest pills dissolve pretty quick. Sometimes I can feel the coating dissolve in my mouth before I can even swallow the fuckers. I don’t think you are having issues with them dissolving as long as you are using the same brand as me.

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
I fear that the ones I take during workout aren’t getting digested that quickly.[/quote]

Good call. The gut shuts down during a workout. This is why pre and post consumption are ideal.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

[quote]David Barr wrote:
A-Dizz wrote:
I fear that the ones I take during workout aren’t getting digested that quickly.

Good call. The gut shuts down during a workout. This is why pre and post consumption are ideal.

[/quote]

Would it be more effective then if I canned BCAA and Surge consumption during a workout all-together and saved it for pre and post WO?

[quote]A-Dizz wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
You do realize there are BCAA’s in Surge? Do you really think you need that much additional pre, during, and post?

Most, if not all of the coaches on this site recommend additional peri-WO BCAA supplementation on top of the BCAA dosage in Surge.[/quote]

Their recommendations are based on you being an elite level athlete, not a regular gym-goer, or at least someone on their way to being that. I was just making sure you knew why you were taking so much.

Good luck either way.

Does anyone know what kind of regular foods contains BCAAs? Just curious

[quote]rander wrote:
Does anyone know what kind of regular foods contains BCAAs? Just curious[/quote]

I read a chart once, can’t find it. I remember that cottage cheese is especially rich is leucine. (Leucine is actually the most anabolic of the BCAAs.)

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
rander wrote:

I read a chart once, can’t find it. I remember that cottage cheese is especially rich is leucine. (Leucine is actually the most anabolic of the BCAAs.)[/quote]

If anyone has the databse on their computer, the USDA nutrient databse has that info… I don’t have anyway to search it on my computer, but I found a site where you can search for the amount of any AA in food.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/nutrient-search

[quote]conorh wrote:
CaliforniaLaw wrote:
rander wrote:

I read a chart once, can’t find it. I remember that cottage cheese is especially rich is leucine. (Leucine is actually the most anabolic of the BCAAs.)

If anyone has the databse on their computer, the USDA nutrient databse has that info… I don’t have anyway to search it on my computer, but I found a site where you can search for the amount of any AA in food.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/tools/nutrient-search [/quote]

thanks