Weight: 243 lbs
Arms: 18’’
Legs: 26’’
Calves: 16.5’’
Forearms: 14.5
Chest: 48.5’’
Waist: 36-37’’
BF%: 13-14%

Was 18-20% BF about a year ago at 225 lbs, dieted down to 206 and 11% BF 34 inch waist in 12 weeks using John Roman’s 2x a day schedule, 5x a week cardio(3 days HIIT 2 days Steady-State), Then in the last 4 weeks, did a full body workout all 5x5, 3 times a week, and Metabolic Pairings 3x a week. Diet consisted of eating 7-8 times a day, almost always P+F+C, Shake, Meal, Shake, Meal, etc.

NOW:

In the past 6 months, I got up to 243 lbs through Thib’s Insulin Protocol and gained minimal fat(currently @ 13%-14% BF) leaving me with a LBM of 210 ish. I can still see some definition in the sides of my abs, and my waist only increased a acouple inches, so I know my muscle gain has gone well. In 3 weeks, if all goes according to plan, I should be at about 250 lbs.

Having just read Thib’s “The Beast Evolves”, alongside a desire to compete in bodybuilding in the near future, I believe I should diet down once I reach 250 ish.

My problem as of right now is choosing which diet to kickstart this process, and which workouts will best supplement my goals (single digit bodyfat 5-7%).

I think 4-5 months of dieting should do me well, and my body responds very well to Very Heavy, Low rep work.

Ive been reading Stu’s log for his competition, but do any of you other competitiors/successful conditioners have any suggestions or good experiences with certain methods?

I think you should sit at 250 for longer instead of immediately beginning to cut.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:
A bit of history about myself:

Stats:

Height: 6’4’’
Weight: 243 lbs
Arms: 18’’
Legs: 26’’
Calves: 16.5’’
Forearms: 14.5
Chest: 48.5’’
Waist: 36-37’’
BF%: 13-14%

Was 18-20% BF about a year ago at 225 lbs, dieted down to 206 and 11% BF 34 inch waist in 12 weeks using John Roman’s 2x a day schedule, 5x a week cardio(3 days HIIT 2 days Steady-State), Then in the last 4 weeks, did a full body workout all 5x5, 3 times a week, and Metabolic Pairings 3x a week. Diet consisted of eating 7-8 times a day, almost always P+F+C, Shake, Meal, Shake, Meal, etc.

NOW:

In the past 6 months, I got up to 243 lbs through Thib’s Insulin Protocol and gained minimal fat(currently @ 13%-14% BF) leaving me with a LBM of 210 ish. I can still see some definition in the sides of my abs, and my waist only increased a acouple inches, so I know my muscle gain has gone well. In 3 weeks, if all goes according to plan, I should be at about 250 lbs.

Having just read Thib’s “The Beast Evolves”, alongside a desire to compete in bodybuilding in the near future, I believe I should diet down once I reach 250 ish.

My problem as of right now is choosing which diet to kickstart this process, and which workouts will best supplement my goals (single digit bodyfat 5-7%).

I think 4-5 months of dieting should do me well, and my body responds very well to Very Heavy, Low rep work.

Ive been reading Stu’s log for his competition, but do any of you other competitiors/successful conditioners have any suggestions or good experiences with certain methods?

[/quote]

I think about 14 weeks of dieting , if done properly, would leave you at about 5%, if not less. You can get to phenomenal shape with 4 to 5 months of dieting. If you’re a real 13%~ (which you seem to be) it should be not so difficult to run smoothly with visible results almost in every week. But I don’t think you should be starting to diet down for a real show at 250 given your height; Dirty Gerdy is striving for that weight although he’s only 6’, waylander wants to get to 300~ decent pounds before trying to touch the stage. Heck, I’m only 5 8" and if I ever plan to go on a show I would be weighing offseason 240~. Maybe it’s too much, assisted or not I plan to do it. Other thing is if you wanna do it for the experience, or you wanna do some real damage on high level.

Edit: you seem to be adding mass real well without putting an extra layer of body fat. The dieting could be subtracting 50 grams of carbs from the total you have been eating for mass gains, every 2-3 weeks subtract another 50 and add a cardio session/or minutes depending on progression or weight loss speed. As for supplements you can cycle HOT-ROX extreme 2 weeks on/2weeks off. I think that this way you will be losing fat constantly without risking muscle loss. But I gotta emphasize to be sure to be above 250, as dohcrazy said seal for some time your offseason weight, make cardio/diet adjustments properly for a steady and slow weight loss, normally you will finish your contest prep lighter than thought firstly, but I think there are some members around that can tell you better than me.

Good luck.

Thanks Doh and Meymz.

As for the % my calipers measure sometimes 13 and sometimes 14 from a 4 point fold.

I will hold on to 250 for a couple weeks as doh suggested, as I feel that there will be too much of a rebound effect.

As far as shows go, I would love to deal out some damage, and keep competing year after year as I’m only 22 years old.

Another reason is that I’m getting married in approx. a year, and I’m not one to “let myself go” or even grasp a hold of that mentality at all.

Also, I’m a lifetime natti.

Im doing a 1 rep max test for bench and deadlift tonight so I’ll report those numbers later to give you all a better perspective of where I’m at.

My squat 1RM is currently at 410 to parallel.

[quote]Sarev0k wrote:

I will hold on to 250 for a couple weeks as doh suggested, as I feel that there will be too much of a rebound effect.

As far as shows go, I would love to deal out some damage, and keep competing year after year as I’m only 22 years old.

Another reason is that I’m getting married in approx. a year, and I’m not one to “let myself go” or even grasp a hold of that mentality at all.

Im doing a 1 rep max test for bench and deadlift tonight so I’ll report those numbers later to give you all a better perspective of where I’m at.

[/quote]

I get that you wanna make your prep as a natty, and if you wanna compete so badly who I am to say no? I just want you to understand that being a really tall guy will require you to be at a much higher weight to look filled out.

This thread may change your mind about cutting. LOL

Hmm interesting thread.

Me getting to 280 naturally will take a shitload of time, and a shitload of money.

Anyways, here are my 1RM stats from tonight:

Bench Press: 290

Deadlift: 500

Squat: (last week) 405

I know ill need a lot more mass to compete, but I think my body is slowly making the transition to storing more fat than Muscle, which would be ok if I were a lower BF%. However, as i am pushing 14% I do not wish to gain much more fat, as 90% of my overall fat is subcutaneous.

So I guess my goal is after my next 3 week 1myo/2sarco phase, or after I hit 250, I want to diet down and preserve as much muscle as possible without the use of AAS.

Again thank you Meymz for the suggestions/tips.

Please, Keep Em coming guys.

edit: stupid question.

What are your long term goals, over the next few years?

[quote]MEYMZ wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:

I get that you wanna make your prep as a natty, and if you wanna compete so badly who I am to say no? I just want you to understand that being a really tall guy will require you to be at a much higher weight to look filled out.[/quote]

This is something i never got - an opinion i never understood i mean.

Yes, it is of course true… but taller guys start at a higher weight too… so the SAME amount of progress is needed as anyone else… short or otherwise.

[quote]J-J wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:

I get that you wanna make your prep as a natty, and if you wanna compete so badly who I am to say no? I just want you to understand that being a really tall guy will require you to be at a much higher weight to look filled out.

Yes, it is of course true… but taller guys start at a higher weight too… so the SAME amount of progress is needed as anyone else… short or otherwise.[/quote]

I think this is something that should be looked more carefully; my guess is that the weight percentage to be increased for decent lbm levels would be closer than the absolute number of pounds from a tall beginner to a shorter. Another thought is that the maximum amount of muscle than can be carried by taller guys is probably higher than the shorter ones; I don’t like to use that term, maximum amount of lbm, we see bodybuilders carrying more and more muscle throught the years, kinda like the 100mts runners; we don’t even know where the limits are.

[quote]J-J wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:

Yes, it is of course true… but taller guys start at a higher weight too… so the SAME amount of progress is needed as anyone else… short or otherwise.[/quote]

I don’t think it’s linear as you suggest. A 5’4" guy going from 140 to 170 lbs is going to look a lot more filled out than a 6’4" guy going from 190 to 220 (bf% being equal). So the taller you are, the tougher it is to look filled out and the more weight you’ll need to gain.

[quote]TheBigV wrote:
edit: stupid question.

What are your long term goals, over the next few years?[/quote]

In a year, I wish to be a lean, mid 230 lbs.

Maybe in 2 years, be a lean 250.

I also want to compete within a year (if all goes according to plan)

[quote]sam_sneed wrote:
J-J wrote:
MEYMZ wrote:
Sarev0k wrote:

Yes, it is of course true… but taller guys start at a higher weight too… so the SAME amount of progress is needed as anyone else… short or otherwise.

I don’t think it’s linear as you suggest. A 5’4" guy going from 140 to 170 lbs is going to look a lot more filled out than a 6’4" guy going from 190 to 220 (bf% being equal). So the taller you are, the tougher it is to look filled out and the more weight you’ll need to gain.[/quote]

This is true, as 1 lb of pure muscle on a 5’4 mans arm will look more massive compared to the same amount on someone my height’s arm.

I look at it this way, a professional natti bodybuilder that is 6’4’’ @ 10% BF off season is probably around 260-270.

I know at 5’8’’ Jim Cordova weighs in at around 190-195 on stage, at like 4% bf.

Anyone have exp. with carb cycling?