dieting for a 14 year old

I wanted to get a six pack before summer. I was wondering what kind of a diet I should follow. I’m 6 foot 2 and I weigh 195+ pounds. I was going to do a low carb diet, but when I tried it I felt so weak when I lifted and played basketball. So if you guys can give me any tips it would be greatly appreciated.

I’d go with just eating carbs for 4 hours post-workout. All the other times eating carbs for 5% of calories.

Couple that with lifting with big compound movements and HIIT, and you should lose weight.

Since you’re so young, I really would advise against large caloric restrictions. You’re still growing, and the last thing you want to do is drop lots of calories and screw up your growth and development. So moderate caloric restriction is the way to go (no more than 500 calories per day restriction).

At your age if you just clean up your diet a little and train hard it should do the trick. Check out JB’s 7 habits article. Here you go.

And do some heavy ab work to build them Abs. High weight low rep.

Hope that helps.
Phill

Eat big, lift big, do lots of cardio. That’s all it takes for most. Clean up your diet a tad.

I came in a little late but I 2nd the 7 habits article. It is a great place to start and it reminded me what a good diet really is.

BTW, when I first glanced at this topic, I thought it read, “dating a 14 year old”!

^^lol

Thanks guys. I was going to do one of the diets that they have in the articals, but I think this will be better.