T Nation

Dietary Fat Phobia During Overfeeding?

Hello,

I have been bulking for about 9 months now and have gone from around 160 to 178.

I have expiramented with adding fat(20%+ of calories) to my diet but everytime I do so I just gain “pure fat”.

I have read a few research studies that there is a correlation between dietary fat intake and bodyfat gain during periods of overeating.

Shouldn’t I keep dietary fat to an absolute minimum(except maybe a little omega-3) to minimize bodyfat gains?

has anyone else tried this or had this notion work successfully?

Or does this approach work ever worse(low testosterone levels)?

Also, Do longer periods of overfeeding lead to a higher ratio of fat gain to lean mass than shorter periods?

thanks,

Fat + Carbs will lead to fat gains. What you need, and i suspect you are not doing, is to minimize them togeather. Fat+Protein and Carb+Protein is the staple of bodybuilding. Eating them togeather, eg 50g carb, 50g fat, means you will have insulin jacked up, which opens fat cells, in the presence of fat, which will gladly fill them. Eating seperately, eg 50g carb 5g fat or 50g fat 5g carb, negates this.

Of course, if your following this your either going too far over your caloric limit (eg 6000 calories when you spend 2500) or you have a physilogy that is different from the norm and allows rapid fat depositing, in which case you should avoid.

[quote]AKA wrote:
Fat + Carbs will lead to fat gains. What you need, and i suspect you are not doing, is to minimize them togeather. Fat+Protein and Carb+Protein is the staple of bodybuilding. Eating them together, eg 50g carb, 50g fat, means you will have insulin jacked up, which opens fat cells, in the presence of fat, which will gladly fill them. Eating seperately, eg 50g carb 5g fat or 50g fat 5g carb, negates this.

Of course, if your following this your either going too far over your caloric limit (eg 6000 calories when you spend 2500) or you have a physilogy that is different from the norm and allows rapid fat depositing, in which case you should avoid.[/quote]

Usually I eat about 40%P 40%C & 20%F meals and about 3000-3300 calories.

How would you recommend I set up my “body fat minimizing diet”?

what should I “avoid” that you referred to above?