Diet

I need some help…about two months ago I quit dipping Kodiak tobacco for obvious health reasons…So far, so good…I have been able to stop.

The problem??? I gained 20 pounds. I used to be a semi-cut 165. Today I was at 184. With a body fat % about 20 I am sure.

I am 5’9". I weight train 3-4 times a week alternating upper body and lower body…and I do almost all ‘big’ movements…ie squat, dead, bench press, pull up, rows…and a few isolation excercises. I also do cardio 2-3 times a week…but I do interval workouts where I go hard for a miture then easy for a minute for 20-30 minutes.

My diet is pretty much right about 2000-2200 cal a day. The diet I follow is pretty much isocaloric with 5 meals. My protein stay the same at each of my 5 meals but I adjust the fat and carb intake depending on the time of day and if it is after a workout. But, for the day, the percentages pretty much end up being about the same. And I eat all quality stuff…mostly fruit and veggies for carbs, flax seed and nuts for fat and chicken, powders, etc for protein.

What am I missing??? I have heard that the metabolism slows after withdrawal from nicotine but this is ridiculous. I feel good about quitting but I feel bad about the effect it had had!!!