Diet & Workout Help for a Boxer

Hey guys. Since the summer is coming around I can really control my diet nicely because I’m no longer forced to eat school lunches.

stats:
15 years old
weight: 200 pounds
height: 5’11
BF %: 22%

I’m a boxer and my coach wants me down to 175 sometimes by next year, I think this shouldn’t be too difficult.

Goals:
Weight: 175
BF %: 15-17%
I’m following a low carbhodyrate (less than 30g) on the weekdays, then carb loading on the weekends. But I’m really unsure what to eat on those few other meals, as I am mainly used to eating 3 meals a day, but after some reading it is apparrent 6 meals are better.

I am also trying to losing body weight and body fat , not really worried about size but I do want to try to conserve the muscle I do have.

My meals:

Meal 1:
2 whole eggs 2 slices of bacon
2 fiber tablets

WORKOUT

Meal 2 : Whey Protein Shake
Fish Oil/Flax Oil
Chicken Cutlet on a roll

Meal 3: Hand full of almonds and other nuts, mozzarella cheese

Meal 4: Not sure

Meal 5: Not sure

Meal 6: Steak/Chicken Breasts Apple, grapes and other random fruits

Workout:

Monday : Incline/Flat bench press
Bicep curls
Boxing Practice

Tuesday: Off (Steady state cardio)

Wednesday: Back squats
some calf workouts
Boxing practice
Thursday: Boxing practice

Friday: Deadlift, shrugs and maybe throw in some other stuff if im in the mood.
Boxing practice

Weekend: off

I am unsure what I should be eating for meal 4 5 and I would like to know what you guys think about that workout, and my goals.

Sorry if this is slopply put together, I am avery tired today, didn’t get much sleep. Thanks for any help you guys can give me

With boxing and all the conditioning etc I wouldnt go uber low carb control your crabs give them to your self post training etc. Take this loss as slow as you can. make sure performance stays HIGH. You have a friggin year just try and lose 1-2 lbs a week.

And why such a light weight class at that height??

Id look at something Like T-Dwag 2.0

Phill

I have to ask again after looking at your age Why so light and why even the desire to get you lighter,. Your bound to grow more in height and your just starting to9 get rolling on slapping on muscle High T levels etc.

Dont screw yourself and go Super low calorie

Phill

im pretty sure the reason is because that the bigger guys, can hit alot harder and he would rather not have me fight those guys. maybe im wrong, ill probably ask him sometime.

[quote]jamieson92 wrote:
im pretty sure the reason is because that the bigger guys, can hit alot harder and he would rather not have me fight those guys. maybe im wrong, ill probably ask him sometime.[/quote]

LOL your in the wrong sport then. Man up get stronger then them , get meaner then then, faster and hit harder :slight_smile: and don’t let them hit you :slight_smile:

Best of luck and yes ask him

Phill

well I know for sure I need to lose weight anyway, cause I probably have like 30 pounds of stubborn body fat I’d like to lose.

No you need to lose FAT not weight that weight will allow you to have more in the punch you need to gain LBM and lose some blubber. Keep training hared and try and do some body comp swapping just keep aiming on performance

Phill

You don’t mention what ‘boxing practice’ is. Sparring with better fighters/ heavy bag work/ speed work/ clisthenics etc all have different functions and needs, so you need to be more specific. But like phill says, you have a year, just do what you’re doing and read ‘destroying fat’ article on this site by CT.

Also, doesn’t your coach have any advice for you? How many fighters has he trained to lose weight, gain strength and win shit in the ring?

How long have you been training for boxing? Boxing requires so much conditioning its hard to imagine you having 30 extra pounds. You also don’t want to go through long bouts of low carb low calorie diet at 15. You will be wasting away alot of possible strength gains. Long as the majority of your nutrients are whole foods, and little high glycemic carbs(cakes, cookies…) you should be at a weight thats more natural for you by next year.
It’s possible that you can be growing too so if next year you gain 3 inches but 25lbs lighter from eating less you will lose alot of strength.

I agree with your “lose fat not weight” philosophy. However, in this case I would say weight loss is not only all right, it probably should be encouraged.

At fifteen and 5’11, 200lbs seems a little heavy. My guess is that the original poster’s body fat is in the upper twenties. I think if he cut down to a walking weight of 183-185 he would be in perfect shape to make that final 175 cut for light heavyweight.

My advice would be eat as much protien, fruit and veggies as you want and go light on the carbs. Avoid sugars and processed foods, and train your ass off. You should be able to cut all the fat you need and add plenty of muscle in a year.

[quote]Phill wrote:
No you need to lose FAT not weight that weight will allow you to have more in the punch you need to gain LBM and lose some blubber. Keep training hared and try and do some body comp swapping just keep aiming on performance

Phill[/quote]

Thanks for all your help guys. and I agree with the above poster, I’m 22-23% BF and I really should cut my weight down to 180ish just for health reasons, especially being 15 years old. I have a picture of my body, but to be honest im pretty damn embarrassed of myself to post it up here. ><

5"11 and 175lbs isn’t light guys… I have seen 6" tall boxers who are 120lbs (not kidding…) who do very well in boxing. Most of the boxers at his height and age are around 55-65kg. I know because I am his age.

Most of you guys have no idea what you are talking about. First of all you should be in the lightes t weightclass that you can but not light enough that you feel weak.

I box in your weightclass bro and i am 15 as well (Its the lightest I can be) and i can tell you don’t go there. These guys hit friggin hard. All the weightlifting in the world doesn’t help mate in this division.

I know guys who can only do 20 pushups yet they have knocked guys unconscious for over a minute. I know guys that wouldn’t e able to pick up a 150lb deadlift and can really hurt there opponents with punching power. I have witnessed this firsthand.Not sayin that strength doesn’t help just to clarify.

Also, conditioning comes before anything with boxing. Amateur boxing is basically pure conditioning. I have beaten stronger and more skilful fighters just through being conditioned. Cut your weights down to 2 sessions a weak and make them full body.

For conditioning you can do distance running,hill sprints,Flat land Sprints,Circuits,Tabata Intervals etc. Train with the work to rest ratio of competion. 2 mins on 1 mins off.

Get down to a weight were you are extremely lean and strong. Don’t pack on muscle and strength and think that it will help you with the heavier guys. It is a short way to get knocked the fuck out.

Good Luck with your boxing