T Nation

Diet & Workout Advice

Hi Guys

I have been a reader of this site for a while now and really enjoy reading all the articles.
I've had success in the past using the Velo diet and lost 8kg or 17lbs. After taking a break from training and some poor diet choices on my part i am back too the same weight.

I need a plan that I can stick to, low carb diets seem to get the best results. Am willing to try something new if anyone can recommend. I am 25yrs 109kg (240lbs) 1.93m tall (6,3) I think my metabolism is rather slow and that doesn't help.

My Current Training plan is:

Mon, Wen, Fri - Weights

Mondays - Chest & Triceps
Wednesdays - Back & Biceps
Fridays - Legs & Shoulders

Workouts last about 45min - 1hr normally.

Tuesdays & Thursdays - Cardio

I do either bike, treadmill or stepper for 40min.

My Meals

Breakfast

5 egg Scrambled with coffee

Mid morning

Fruit or nuts

Lunch

Tuna Salad with 2 boiled eggs

Post workout

Protein Shake

Dinner

Chicken breasts with vegetables

I haven't counted my calories yet, but i am not sure i am getting enough.

If anyone can give their input, i know this plan sucks at the moment but i am here too improve it.

Thanks

if you are gonna go three days i would suggest a full body split and just stick with the big compound excersisies such as the squat deadlift bench press military press. For a diet i would throw in some smaller meals in between the big ones if you want to keep adding size. Try Ws4sb Thats a great program or jim wendlers 5/3/1

I advise the Anabolic Diet and Chad Waterbury's Waterbury Summer Project

I've used them both with great success.

Anabolic Diet (takes some reading, but highly worthwhile)
http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_online_forum/diet_performance_nutrition_supplements/my_experience_on_the_anabolic_diet
Waterbury Summer Project
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_waterbury_summer_project

Your diet looks okay, if a little on the small side, but I find a great deal of comfort if I'm following someone else's directions, hence, the AD and WSP.

WS4SB is a good program, as is Wendler's 5/3/1, but I think Wendlers is designed with the intermediate weightlifter in mind, therefore I recommend against it.

Good luck. Don't forget to post further questions and results.

Thanks for the advice, i will read both those articles.