Diet Without Working Out?

Just wondering if someone was schooled in nutrition enough to recommend a diet plan I could use while I continue to get fat recovering from surgery. Ive not been able to train hard for a year, only a few spurts where a doctor who didnt diagnose me right and botched a surgery let me do cardio for a month. Other than that, Ive dropped 10 pounds in a year, and probably doubled my bodyfat if not more.

I cannot do any physical activity, so I have no clue how to lose weight or bodyfat other than reducing calories severely…but will reducing calories impede the healing process??? What could I focus on to cut calories but still heal up?

I can do supplements to help, would a MRP type diet be advisable? Only thing is I have to have high fiber because my injury involves my colorectal area and I need high fiber and have to take stool softeners. I cant do all MRPs and risk diarrea which would make my condition worse.

Long story short, got an anal fissure from squatting, a botched surgery and infection turned it into a fistula, and now Im waiting on that to heal which is taking FOREVER…

Supplements to help could be??
BCAAs
Glutamine
Fish Oil
Anti oxidants
Multi vit/min
Curculim C3
Primal Defense
Digestive enzymes

I have a closet full of supplements from when I was training that I stopped. But I do have HOT-ROX, Carbolin 19, and some old test boosters. Also a ton of MRPs and a 10 pound bag of whey.

This is torture, Ive never been out of training this long in my life.

Thanks

Bro your not going to want to go hypocaloric really while healing from surgery. That will extend the healing time. Id simply eat Good foods sue lower GI lots of veggies protein and fruit. Accept a few lbs or to maintian and heal up come back ready to roll.

Coming back from such a long lay off and with great diet to boot youll make very very fast progress.

Phill

my thoughts(limited nutrition knowledge from classes) would be to keep protien relatively high, fish oil(healthy fats) will help and as for carbs i would just stick to mainly veggies(pretty much every meal) and fruit occasionaly(mornings), i think the main thing for fat loss, for you situation is to time your carbs right, if your not going to be able to do any activity than i would maybe only have a small bowl of oats in the morning…anyway my 2 cents…best of luck bro

Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I wont cut calories, Ill just try to clean them up…and continue with EFAs, anti oxidants, glutamine, BCAAs, and some whey.

Ill just have to suck it up and learn more patience, been a long year. Last surgery was only 7 weeks ago, the wound started healing so I guess thats progress…so hard not to train!!!

In the colforsin study, subjects did not lift weights but gained muscle and lost fat. Here’s the study: http://www.obesityresearch.org/cgi/reprint/13/8/1335.pdf
Here’s the T-Nation write-up: http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=888798

[quote]bluecollarjock wrote:
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advice. I wont cut calories, Ill just try to clean them up…and continue with EFAs, anti oxidants, glutamine, BCAAs, and some whey.

Ill just have to suck it up and learn more patience, been a long year. Last surgery was only 7 weeks ago, the wound started healing so I guess thats progress…so hard not to train!!![/quote]

Good plan brio try and keep your head up its a drop in the barrel in the large shceme of things you’ll be rollin in no time

Phill

Bro, try Isometrics and Maxalding.

www.maxalding.co.uk

and

www.bronzebowpublishing.co.uk

I kept most of my strength over the 4 month summer just using this stuff.