Diet/Training Vocab for a Noob

Hey my name is Ian and I am 17 and recently wanted to start bodybuilding/become a personal trainer. Could someone(or all of you) create a list of words(with definitions) that I should know to better understand diet and training?

Thanks

functional
power diet
cardio blast
anabolic endurance

troll (~noun):

The term derives from “trolling”, a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. As a verb, “to troll” is probably not a corruption of “trawl.” 'Tis not because trolling is another way to fish, involving a line not a net. Troll is fine as a verb since trawling/trolling for comments and flames is innate troll behavior. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts.

One of many unsung internet heroes, most are quite intelligent. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open. A “Troll” is a mythical monster that lives under a bridge and surprises people who try and cross the bridge with some bizarre puzzle or challenge that they must complete before crossing. It has been suggested that people who lurk in groups and suddenly enter discussions with unwanted and provocative contributions inspire the same type of fear in law-abiding netizens.

More rational people know that Trolls are, in fact, monsters who live under a bridge, probably in Utah, who flocked to the information superhighway after real superhighways were declared obsolete by Al Gore. Bad things happen when trolls meet IRL.

Proxies are widely known to make trolls invincible, living forever in a cycle of newborn trolletes. It is a common belief that each ban makes a troll stronger.

Novice trolls often experience troll’s remorse. Such feelings tend to pass once they realize that people who take the Internets seriously enough to get upset by trolling really ought to kill themselves. Once they reach this point, they are said to suffer from Internet troll personality disorder. After long enough, they may even develop Chronic Troll Syndrome.

It is rarely known that the best trolls are kidnapped from earth and taken to the other side of the universe to troll other races as part of an interstellar war over who can get the best lulz.

Note: not to be confused with the gay slang verb “to troll” which means to trawl for sex (they are also the source of all evil.)

site search: N and V
N- The place to search for answers
V- To perform said act

Ball Busting: A T-Nation tradition

[quote]dpower wrote:
troll (~noun):

The term derives from “trolling”, a style of fishing which involves trailing bait through a likely spot hoping for a bite. As a verb, “to troll” is probably not a corruption of “trawl.” 'Tis not because trolling is another way to fish, involving a line not a net. Troll is fine as a verb since trawling/trolling for comments and flames is innate troll behavior. Their habitual attacks on forums is usually a result of their awareness of the pretentiousness and excessive self-importance of many forum enthusiasts. One of many unsung internet heroes, most are quite intelligent. Their actions bring much of the stupidity of other forum users out into the great wide open. A “Troll” is a mythical monster that lives under a bridge and surprises people who try and cross the bridge with some bizarre puzzle or challenge that they must complete before crossing. It has been suggested that people who lurk in groups and suddenly enter discussions with unwanted and provocative contributions inspire the same type of fear in law-abiding netizens. More rational people know that Trolls are, in fact, monsters who live under a bridge, probably in Utah, who flocked to the information superhighway after real superhighways were declared obsolete by Al Gore. Bad things happen when trolls meet IRL.

Proxies are widely known to make trolls invincible, living forever in a cycle of newborn trolletes. It is a common belief that each ban makes a troll stronger.

Novice trolls often experience troll’s remorse. Such feelings tend to pass once they realize that people who take the Internets seriously enough to get upset by trolling really ought to kill themselves. Once they reach this point, they are said to suffer from Internet troll personality disorder. After long enough, they may even develop Chronic Troll Syndrome.

It is rarely known that the best trolls are kidnapped from earth and taken to the other side of the universe to troll other races as part of an interstellar war over who can get the best lulz.

Note: not to be confused with the gay slang verb “to troll” which means to trawl for sex (they are also the source of all evil.) [/quote]

Lol,… I love you guys, always put a smile on my face each morning.

S

roidrage -

http://www.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_body_training_performance_bodybuilding_article/my_8_ahha_moments_1?id=2692822&pageNo=3
“…I can fully understand why having titties would make you want to sit at home and yell at teenagers on the internet all day. But the boobies are now lipo’d, and you can take off your shirt at the pool and talk to girls now…”

…it’s called b-a-n-t-e-r

[quote]IMGrind wrote:
Hey my name is Ian and I am 17 and recently wanted to start bodybuilding/become a personal trainer. Could someone(or all of you) create a list of words(with definitions) that I should know to better understand diet and training?

Thanks[/quote]
I’d hold off on becoming a trainer until you spend a full year or two playing with your own body… um, I mean, training yourself, and learning and implementing the basics.

Your T-Nation homework assignment. Read the following articles, one each day for the next several days:

Training for Newbies, part 1
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1764218

Training for Newbies, part 2
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1765943

Nutrition for Newbies, part 1
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1793585

Nutrition for Newbies, part 2
http://www.T-Nation.com/readArticle.do?id=1795045

Supplementation for Newbies

Those should get you headed in the right direction in figuring out the basics and thinking for yourself.

[quote]IMGrind wrote:

Thanks[/quote]

This is either a joke…or the world may just be coming to an end.

Either way I weep for the new generation

important words and their definitions:
LIFT - “pick that shit up!”
EAT - “put that shit in your mouth”

that’s really all the bodybuilding lingo you need to know…
dan