T Nation

Diet Tracking Software

Does anyone know of a diet tracking software origran that allows one to enter non integers for example 3.5 grams of fat. Fitday.com does not.

Any decent one costs around a grand and the graphical outputs and reports are a joke. In a month or so there may be a wicked, free, online program available that makes fitday look like it was made by children. It allows for such things as decimal data entry and the serving size options will be available in many more units than fitday allows.

[quote]TONY376 wrote:
Does anyone know of a diet tracking software origran that allows one to enter non integers for example 3.5 grams of fat. Fitday.com does not.[/quote]

I use software version of FitDay and itdoes allow to do what you need.

www.fitday. com free version does all I need.

I use a facebook application called “My Diet”. Works pretty darn good for something that’s free.

I have the software version of fitday too. You can enter fractions for food up to 2 decimal places, but the macro breakdown is always rounded to integers. So for example 6.12342 ounces of ground beef comes out as 6.13 oz with
388/22/0/47 cals/fat/carbs/protein. I am using it for now, but theres about a hundred things I don’t like about it.

One of these days, I’m going to write my own program in Python that will do weight training logs/volume/weight progression and diet too. I want a better day to day interface that will show exactly how much more of things you need to hit your desired nutritional goals, to help in planning out meals beforehand.

FitDay FTW.