Diet to Gain Mass Again

Ok so…after restricting my calories, doing cardio, good macronutrient timing, over the past 2 months I have lost a good amount of body fat while maintaining my strength in all major lifts. I lost about 20lbs in all. I originally wanted to do this to look better as well as cut weight to compete in USAPL at 160lbs in Feb. However, I have decided to focus on how I want my body to look more, and that will entail gaining muscle mass and therefore weight again.

However, now I’m at a bodyfat percentage that I can truly say I’m somewhat comfortable with. In an attempt to gain quality mass again and minimize as much fat gain as possible, I have come up with this. Any critique, too little food still? Too much food? Possibility that I will gain a significant amount of fat eating like this even with frequent 30min a day cardio?

7am - banana, whey protein
1030am - 1/2 cup oatmeal, apple, chicken breast
130pm - chicken breast, broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice.
430pm- whey protein shake, added 5g of leucine, spoonful of peanut butter
8pm - lean ground beef, broccoli, green beans, olive oil, added 5g leucine
1030pm - whey protein, two tablespoons natural peanut butter
On training days I drink a postworkout shake, it has about 46g of dextrose and 26g of protein and 5g of Leucine.
atleast a gallon of water throughout the day.

Well IME I’ve been able to put on WEIGHT following a similar diet as the one you’ve laid out. As far as staying lean while gaining a few pounds I would need to cut out carbs other than breakfast and post workout. The other meals throughout the day would contain high protein/moderate fat. I guess a sample day similar to the one you’ve laid out would be :

7am - Whey Protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
1030am - 2 String Cheese & Almonds
130pm - Lean Beef & Broccoli
430pm - Whey Protein & Natural PB
8pm - Lean Beef or Chicken & Broccoli
1030pm - 1/2 Whey 1/2 Casein & Natural PB

Postworkout I’d say if you’re already lean then up the carbs to 95-100g and protein around 50g. Eat your morning bananna postworkout.

Your meals are spread 3 hours apart - you may want to cut this down a little. 2.5 - 2.75 hrs. apart makes a big difference as far as hunger plays out.

Also - I drizzle olive oil on pretty much everything so I excluded it from the sample.

If you have Leucine on hand feel free to sprikle it in with other foods, rather than just a protein shake, throughout the day. The label says not to exceed 20g. though.

Best of luck friend.