Diet/Supps While Hurt

hey, i have a quick question for y’all out there. i recently hurt my left knee, and am laid up right now. i have not had an MRI yet, will do so pretty soon. my problem is, is that my National Guard unit is preparig to go to Iraq really soon, and there’s a pretty good chance that as soon as i get fixed up, i’ll be going with them.

does anyone have any experiences with a diet while injured (some say eat less to avoid fat gain, other say eat more to help your body heal)? and shoudld i invest in more supps now to prevent muscle loss, or just use them all later when i’m able to start rehab??

thanks,

Cyco

[quote]cycobushmaster wrote:
hey, i have a quick question for y’all out there. i recently hurt my left knee, and am laid up right now. i have not had an MRI yet, will do so pretty soon. my problem is, is that my National Guard unit is preparig to go to Iraq really soon, and there’s a pretty good chance that as soon as i get fixed up, i’ll be going with them.

does anyone have any experiences with a diet while injured (some say eat less to avoid fat gain, other say eat more to help your body heal)? and shoudld i invest in more supps now to prevent muscle loss, or just use them all later when i’m able to start rehab??

thanks,

Cyco[/quote]

Hey Cyco,
Thanks for your service to the USA!

To your question:
I hate to delay your answer, but I would refer this one to Mike Robertson. Post him a message during Prime Time (7-10 EST) when he is on. MR just had his own knee issues and has very sound advice in that regard.