Diet/Supplement (Protein) Question

I’m trying to lose my gut and also put on some muscle mass at the same time. I know a lot of people recomend ingesting the number of grams of protein that equals your weight but should I be taking in my actual weights worth or more around the amount of grams of protein that coincides with my ideal target weight? I’m about 250 so should I be taking in 250 grams of protein or should I shoot for more along the lines of taking 200 grams in?

You must take in 200lbs of protein a day if you weigh 200lbs.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
You must take in 200lbs of protein a day if you weigh 200lbs.[/quote]

Quoted for truth.

I usually just kill and Elk or a Moose every morning and eat it raw throughout the day.

The raw meat and saturated fat keeps my test levels high.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
I usually just kill and Elk or a Moose every morning and eat it raw throughout the day.

The raw meat and saturated fat keeps my test levels high.[/quote]

And here I thought having seven whole bison shipped to me weekly was something special. My diet has been outdone. Time to go buy a rifle I guess.

Oh I don’t eat Bison. It isn’t free-range. And it will kill me.

[quote]GetSwole wrote:
Oh I don’t eat Bison. It isn’t free-range. And it will kill me.[/quote]

Maybe we should rethink our levels of protein consumption, it might not be good for our liver. And stop working out so much while we’re at it.

We’ll let the jokers finish their stand up routine…

Ok- the suggestion on the quantity of protein is based on how much protein you should take in to maintain your level of lean mass. So my suggestion would be to figure out what your BF% is so you know you lean mass number. Then make sure you at least take in that much. If it’s more than 200lbs (which I’m sure it’s not) then take in that equivalent of protein. If it’s less than 200 then just take in 200g and call it a day.

Some will say you should take in 250g. I think on a strict cut you’d be better off taking in those extra calories with healthy fats.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Ok- the suggestion on the quantity of protein is based on how much protein you should take in to maintain your level of lean mass. So my suggestion would be to figure out what your BF% is so you know you lean mass number. Then make sure you at least take in that much. If it’s more than 200lbs (which I’m sure it’s not) then take in that equivalent of protein. If it’s less than 200 then just take in 200g and call it a day.

Some will say you should take in 250g. I think on a strict cut you’d be better off taking in those extra calories with healthy fats.[/quote]

thanks for the info

[quote]Padilla7921 wrote:
GetSwole wrote:

The raw meat and saturated fat keeps my test levels high.

And here I thought having seven whole bison shipped to me weekly was something special. My diet has been outdone. Time to go buy a rifle I guess.[/quote]

Rifles are for cheaters. Use your hands. It’s good anaerobic work.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:

Some will say you should take in 250g. I think on a strict cut you’d be better off taking in those extra calories with healthy fats.[/quote]

I second the notion. When cutting this is the idea.

When bulking honestly consume as much protein as possible throughout the day with your meals and other macronutrients. People say it’s unhealthy etc, but I doubt that somebody could OD on protein. If you do your an idiot. I’m sorry. lol

Gerdy