Diet Stalling at 2000kcals/Day

I’m not interested in a bet. If you want to do it, you’ll do it. But since you already laid out excuses and asterisks (“need a break to recharge” and “must do/no exception” exercises), you’re leaving yourself an easy out. “Fuck yeah, I’ll dial in and do whatever it takes to finally drop this fat. No. Matter. What.” would’ve been a more serious response.

Anyhow, I suggest this:

This article explains why.

Quick timeline of what’s been going on:

Feb '17 - 235 pounds eating 2000 calories.

Dec '16 - 235 pounds eating 2000 - 2200 calories.

April '16 - 246 pounds eating 2500 calories.

Dec '15 - 265 pounds eating 2500-3000 calories.

May '15 - 262 pounds, eating 2500-3000 calories.

June '14 - “about 240-250 pounds”, “I am not eating more than 3000kcal/day”

That’s almost 3 straight years where you’ve been mostly running on bodyweight x 10 calories or less while lifting several days a week and sometimes doing conditioning work.

Calorie guidelines are always just a ballpark that should be fine-tuned, but the majority of coaches advocate never dropping below BWx10 even during hardcore dieting, for good reason. You’ve trained your body to run on so little for so long that it’s in full-blown 24/7 panic mode.

Again, I think we’re well-past the point of blaming the meds. You fucked your metabolism into the dirt and it’s going to take work to correct. Follow that article and go that route.

2 Likes

Freakin’ engineers, man. I swear, on this site, there’s a pretty interesting parallel between guys with engineering backgrounds and their consistent ability to hyper-analyze and mathematize training. For sure, there are some numbers and concrete science to getting results, but there’s just as much unpredictability and, for lack of a better term, “art” to designing a plan and making effective adjustments.

Anyway, no, that’s not definitely not “a small sample size”. In the fitness industry, we’d call that an accurate, substantial, and relevant diet history. Seeing how somebody’s been eating and training over the last few months (let alone the last few years) is one of the first and most important steps to figuring out what the next step should be. Any experienced personal trainer or coach will tell you that.

Dude, we literally have all the information we need to know about you. We’re not lacking anything.

And yet, for years, you haven’t listened to people who do know.

No, you asked “What specifically should I do?” and you’re reminded that for the last few years, dozens and dozens of people have told you specifically what to do, from your very first thread up until very recently.

At this point, I believe it’s a combination of having run out of patience and feeling disrespected after seeing advice fall on deaf ears and there simply being nothing new to tell you. The advice that needed to be given has been given. Whether you take the ball and run with it towards your goal or punt it aside and explain why our advice is incorrect, is up to you.

My self and my coworkers say this at least 100 times a day.

Over the course of an 8-hour work day, and assuming a standard of only 100 times and not “at least” 100 times which would clearly indicate the potential for greater amounts, that signifies 12 and a half times per hour. Unless you consider an hour’s lunch break, in which case you state exasperation 14.3 times per hour or roughly once every 4 minutes.

I couldn’t agree more, and I am one…

But I like to try and break the stereotype to the best of my ability.

2 Likes

You incorrectly assume that I work eight hours a day. It was implied since I work with engineers that my hours would exceed a typical 40 hour work week. Let’s assume |100 + (N* 0.X)|. N being the number of times it is said and X being the number of employees that are in the office that day. Also, I normally work through lunch, unless of course, I have a lunch meeting. If I am meeting with someone in my office, there is a greater chance of saying that line. If, however, I am meeting with an engineer I will certainly not say such a thing. I challenge you to come up with an algorithm that computes the amount of times this is said. I have my own algorithm, which I will share for comparison… but, i’ve invested a lot of time into this algorithm and would prefer to share privately. What say you?!

1 Like

Don’t mess with Chris. He has files on everyone! I feel like I’ve seen this movie before

@Chris_Colucci

@Aero51

Conclusion

2 Likes

@Aero51 you and I have disagreed over things in the past, so I’m just saying (perhaps unnecessarily) that I mean absolutely no disrespect or insult in this post, and am sincerely trying to help. Swearsy realsies.

So the medication thing sounds pretty horrid and I’m sorry you had to go through that, but dude it was 500 years ago so it’s not really a valid excuse anymore. I guess, though, the thing that stands out the most to me from your posts is this here:[quote=“Aero51, post:31, topic:226638, full:true”]
I resent your response on a few levels, but regardless of my opinion I feel like I asked a fair question. Ive been following the 3x15, 4x10, 5x5 protocol for fatloss training. I started stalling this week, what is my next move? You are supposedly more experienced than myself, so what is the next move? Am I supposed to “just know”, what if I do something wrong and make a thread asking for advice, am I going to get criticized for doing the wrong thing? It is a simple question, considering the overabundance of information available on the web.
[/quote]

You’ve been on this site for years and you still don’t know how to train for fat loss? Honestly, I find that astonishing. You genuinely haven’t absorbed the idea that you keep lifting weights as intensely as you can to keep strength and muscle mass, and do either SS cardio, HIIT cardio or a mixture or the two depending on your conditioning level and/or recovery ability? It’s about as basic as it gets.

It’s like someone being on this forum for years and starting a thread asking the best routine for size.

This paragraph here’s even worse:

The paralysis-by-analysis here is just mind-boggling. See your last sentence where you say “these details matter”? No they don’t! They’re minor details. 90% of your fat loss will come from your diet (and conditioning work if you’re so inclined - personally I don’t bother with it all that much). I am genuinely quite horrified to see someone who has been on this site as long as you have be confused by something so basic.

Again: genuinely not trying to insult, offend or attack you, I am just very surprised to see you asking questions about something you should have worked out a really long time ago.

As for the metabolic damage thing: it’s not something I can advise on. I’m a bit of an outlier on this forum in that I always think people are better having their calories lower rather than trying to keep them high while dieting (I’m a BWx10 kinda guy - I think if protein needs are covered you can brutalise yourself much harder than most people think), but I would say that, at your size, if you are genuinely not losing weight at 2000 calories then something is definitely wrong and you should take Colucci’s advice (he’s a fart smella and no mistake).

So, my advice to you, sir:

-Lift weights 3 or 4 times a week. Doesn’t matter what exercises, doesn’t matter what rep ranges, just try and get stronger like you are probably already doing.
-Do cardio 2 or 3 times a week. Doesn’t matter what kind, just get your fat ass moving.
-Count your fucking macros! You are not serious about losing weight until you do.

Best of luck, cowboy.

2 Likes

But in what order? These details matter!

1 Like

If only this forum had signatures, I think I found mine.

1 Like

Don’t give a rats ass if you resent my comment.

Grow up

You want exact? Here you go.

Go to a bookstore (new or used).

Get a book called “Body for Life”. Just don’t tell TC

Read it, follow it, bible it for the next 6 months without fail. I want to see a log everyday.

Skip the section on ECA stack. You don’t need it.

Stop whining.

Reap the benefits.

Now stop saying you are not given advice.

1 Like

What’s the solution of bringing the body back from starvation mode? If increasing calories is the way, then will I start gaining weight ?

Just eat more, Jesus Christ