Diet Review / Advice

I’m hoping for some feedback or identification of issues with a diet I am running for the next 10 weeks. I’m one week in and doing pretty well - so far so good anyway.

Current stats: 197lbs
Height: 5’ 8"
Current: hard to say - maybe 16-18% give or take
Goal: Lower BF / maintain muscle
Training: Full body, compound lifts 3-4x week. Run 1-2 time per week 5-10 miles (I like to run).

Diet: 2,000 calories
Protein: 150G
Carbs: <50G (majority consumed during lifting)
Fat: 132G

My meals nor my foods change very much and I eat the following spread throughout the day (about 400 cal per meal, 200 cal per snack): This is what’s on the menu (but amounts may vary to get to the cal and marco total):

Whey Protein (12 ounces / 40P, 4C, 0F) �¢?? consumed 1/2 directly before and 1/2 after lifting (or fully after running)
Coconut oil: 14-28 G
Olive oil: 14-28 G
Chicken breast: 12 ounces
Salmon steak
Avocado: about 200G per day
6 Brown eggs
Whole almonds: 28-50 per day
Almond butter
Vegetables: pretty much exclusively have servings of only the following kale, spinach, broccoli, green pepper, artichoke
Carbs (other than veggies and nuts): fast acting during training

Supplements:
Obviously whey
Multivitamin
BCAA’s (when training)
Creatine
Micro PA
TRT

Anything major I�¢??m missing? Anything I can add to spice up the menu?

Also planning a re-feed every 14 days (expect the one closest to Thanksgiving which may be +/- a few days).

Indigo instead of Micro for fat loss. But you would have to up the carbs. Or replace Micro with plazma.

Calories seem a little low, but only you can answer that one.

Choice look fine. First time I see artichoke on this site.

Good luck

Only suggestion I have would be to bump up the protein. Adding another 50 grams would only bump your calorie total to 2200 which is still quite low. This would help maintain strength gains/ muscle mass better.

Thanks for the input. Not to be a jackass and ask for advice and then say I’m not taking it - just want to maybe be more clear in plan.

Shooting for Keto - that’s why I’m not using Plazma (I love Plazma but will be taking a break from it). To me, Indigo doesn’t make sense because I won’t have carbs to re-partition. I’m using the Micro PA (and creatine) to try to hold on the strength / muscle…

If my thinking is wrong (as it may very well be!) I appreciate the feedback.

I had a feeling that was the case when you said under 50 carbs. Would still try and bump the protein up some. Also make sure you are actually in ketosis, buy some keto sticks. Can never just assume your body made the switch because you’re so low carb.

[quote]Drice21 wrote:
I had a feeling that was the case when you said under 50 carbs. Would still try and bump the protein up some. Also make sure you are actually in ketosis, buy some keto sticks. Can never just assume your body made the switch because you’re so low carb. [/quote]

Roger that - I did get some of the Relion ones. It took a few days but finally started showing up red - woot. Some of the early symptoms hit too (primary nausea).

Still trying to figure out nutrition around training. Usually I pound 50-100+ grams of carbs intra-workout. Trained fasted this morning and I sucked ass. I’m going to hang with fasted training for a bit just to see if I will adjust. If not, I may add some carbs into diet intra-workout.

Kind of figured that too, but you never know.

With the amount of protein ingested on this diet, I liked Leucine throughout the day. I have no scientific proof, but it just seemed like a very good complement.

Good luck

Forgot to add. I preferred a “All Green”, 5000 ORAC supplement (with a scoop of leucine) instead of a multi. Again, just a preference.

[quote]JFG wrote:
Kind of figured that too, but you never know.

With the amount of protein ingested on this diet, I liked Leucine throughout the day. I have no scientific proof, but it just seemed like a very good complement.

Good luck

Forgot to add. I preferred a “All Green”, 5000 ORAC supplement (with a scoop of leucine) instead of a multi. Again, just a preference.[/quote]

Awesome - thanks for the reco and taking the time to provide.

Yeah very clean diet, the weight should fly off. As others said bump up protein a bit especially if start feeling flat, also would consider a clean refeed a bit more often say 7-10 days. If feeling guilty can just crank up the workout volume either side.

[quote]RampantBadger wrote:
Yeah very clean diet, the weight should fly off. As others said bump up protein a bit especially if start feeling flat, also would consider a clean refeed a bit more often say 7-10 days. If feeling guilty can just crank up the workout volume either side.[/quote]

Thanks for the input… yeah, so far so good!

+1 to more protein. At the very least I’d try to hit 200g, ESPECIALLY if you want to preserve as much muscle mass as possible.

As far as upping the protein - I used this as a template:

It recommends 150G of PRO for my approximate body weight. I also are found through research that too much protein can throw you out of keto. But I will say I feel like my strength is down. If this continues, I will bump up the PRO.