I have been reading the T Mag forum and articles for a few months now and first wanted to say that this website is fantastic in that it combines dynamic training techniques all while breaking calorie restricting (I wont use the dreaded “D Word”) down to a science. I am 22 years old and a soccer player but while I am in shape, I am not ripped in my abdominal section - specifically the lower ab region and obliques. I have been weight lifting for years, where I do most of my lifting in the off season (Oct/nov - January) and am doing cardio training/playing the other months. I try to watch what I eat and modified my diet a few months ago to try to get ripped. Some of the major changes are:
- eating only whole grain bread instead of white enriched flour (I dont make it a habit to eat alot of bread at all -I try to stay away)
- NO pasta
- No dairy - I use soy milk
- Increased consumption of fruits and vegetables
I really try to be conscious of what I eat but I have a few questions:
- How much calorie intake/restriction do I need to get ripped?
- What foods should I stay away from? are fruits bad?
- What meals can you recommend?
- What range is considered “low carb” and low fat for daily intake?
Please shed some light on this whole confusing task of getting ripped. I am 5’9/10 and ~160 lbs. My goal is to shed body fat and get my abs rediculous ripped…HELP